+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Application Passed Processing Time

Discussion in 'Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)' started by viraldpatel, May 15, 2019 at 1:17 PM.

1. I applied for my student visa on April 26th 2019, and it has been two-weeks and three-days with no update or decision. Normal processing times for The United States is two-weeks. The status currently reads:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
    Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

When can I expect an answer back?

2. Hi , I am an Indian passport holder applying for a Canadian study permit from the USA. Did you use GIC as proof of funds?

3. Hello. I'm a Kenyan Passport holder applying from America as well. I'm not sure what you mean by a GIC.

4. It is one kind of proof of fund.

5. I used a bank statement from the bank, I'm not sure if that's what you meant.

6. Since you are not an American those times do not apply to you, look at your citizenship country times to get a closer estimate.
    GIC is only for India and a few other Asian countries so you don't need that.