+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa and SOWP status confusion

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
O
I am sorry but I didn’t quite get you. Simply for your spouse side you uploaded education, financial and work experience only right??

Did you upload marriage certificate, LOA on OWP side too??
Will be grateful for your reply
Yes, for the OWP we uploaded the marriage certificate, LOA, education, financial (bank statements and Income tax documents), work experience letters and the SOP.

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
Hi Persia,
Glad you found it useful. In my application we had given the marriage certificate, LOA, financial proof of GIC which included 5k extra for an additional person, financial documents, and the other documents. We had attached the LOA, marriage certificate, pictures, his documents - education, work experience along with his financial documents (we maintain separate accounts) along with his application.

Yes, both our accounts were active from past few years so there wasn't any huge debit/credit from past 6 months.
did u upload them in the "Client Information"? also can u please specify what financial documents did u use and is it mandatory?

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
did u upload them in the "Client Information"? also can u please specify what financial documents did u use and is it mandatory?
Yes, uploaded it in the Client Information section. Financial documents included bank account statements for 6 months, Pay Slips, Income Tax Returns certificates, Deposit accounts, Property Document and Provident Fund Statements. I don't think it is mandatory to attach them but we wanted to make our case stronger by showing ties to our home country and that we'll be able to support ourselves if OWP holder doesn't get a job.

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
thank you so much..... as u guys applied together what did you mention in the IMM1295 form when asked about your "duration of the expected employment" as my spouse doesn't have any job offer

DianaFilip

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi Diana,
Sure! We wrote the SOP by on our own because we felt that our situation and motivation can be best explained by us. Some of the points we emphasized is the need to travel together, how does the SOWP applicant benefit from working in Canada. Your future plans on moving back to your country. What ties you back to your country strongly. Do make sure that you outline how much funds you have and your plans on reaching Canada. Try to have a clear structure outlining the education, career choices etc. The most important thing would be to emphasize how living separate during a pandemic would affect your emotional well-being and why you want to be together. These are some of things that we mentioned

2. I don't think that will impact much. Have you been together for long?

Wish you all the best. :)
Hi Jedi,
Thanks for the response.
We have been together for around 8 months and are going to married this coming August. :) Thanks for the information.

We will file Visa application in August end.Hopefully everything goes well.

Do you think shorter relationship span can have any impact based on your research and experience?

Aswinkumar

Apr 15, 2020
Hi Jedi, Congrats on VISA approval, Now we applied during Covid (Apr 30) Student visa in SDS along with SOWP, Till now we are yet to hear from IRCC, We are confused since we applied together they gonna process our application or not. At least if they gave AIP for wife, she can start her study online.
Anyone you know who applied SP and SOWP and got AIP recently, pl. reply... as per my discussion & understanding student who received AIP are applied individual.

Last edited:

AnaCamp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hi Jedi, Congrats on VISA approval, Now we applied during Covid (Apr 30) Student visa in SDS along with SOWP, Till now we are yet to hear from IRCC, We are confused since we applied together they gonna process our application or not. At least if they gave AIP for wife, she can start her study online.
Anyone you know who applied SP and SOWP and got AIP recently, pl. reply... as per my discussion & understanding student who received AIP are applied individual.
They first approved my child’s TRV then a week later sent my AIP (Aug. 17) and no word on spouse OWP. Non US citizens but applied from USA

Aswinkumar

Apr 15, 2020
Hi Ana,
Thanks for reply, Good to know they are processed your Visa, all of you submitted biometrics or filled any web form for more than 90days delay?.

anitamv

Mar 28, 2019
Sure! For the SOWP we submitted the following documents:
- All the required and optional forms in the application portal
- My LOA from university
- 1st year fee payment receipt
- Marriage certificate
- Pictures (around 10 spanning across 10 years that we've known each other, don't restrict to only marriage and after marriage pics)
- Travel history to other countries together
- Both the passport copies (our passports have spouse name mentioned)
- Education related documents
- Work experience letters
- Bank balance of around $18k (apart from $15k GIC)
- Property documents in home country
- SOP - highlighting the need to travel together, what would spouse gain on working in Canada and our future plans in home country.

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks! All the best :)
Hi,

Could you please let me know what document you provided as proof of property for both student visa and Sowp. Do we have to show property documents of both our parents?

Thanks in advance

anitamv

Mar 28, 2019
Yes, uploaded it in the Client Information section. Financial documents included bank account statements for 6 months, Pay Slips, Income Tax Returns certificates, Deposit accounts, Property Document and Provident Fund Statements. I don't think it is mandatory to attach them but we wanted to make our case stronger by showing ties to our home country and that we'll be able to support ourselves if OWP holder doesn't get a job.
Hi,

Could you please let me know what document you provided as proof of property for both student visa and Sowp. Do we have to show property documents of both our parents?

Thanks in advance

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Hi,

Thanks in advance
You can show summary of deeds and notarized by lawyer. Otherwise, also you can show your/your sponsor's asset by CA evaluation. Property documents should be translated and notarized

Smep

Aug 27, 2019
Hi guys,

Need some help in understanding the update that I received. I applied for a student visa along with my Spouse for SOWP.

The final decision shows approved today for both the applications. But it also shows eligibility review in progress and background check in progress.

I received the correspondence letter and the passport request letter. Are both the visas approved or is it a system glitch?

Thank you for helping out!
Hello I recently received the same email. A BVL and PPR, but the eligibility and background check is still ongoing. What happened to your application? Was it successful?

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends, I got my final approval few days ago but we are still waiting for any update for my spouse's OWP application. Has anyone been in the same situation? Is it normal that they process the applications seperately?

TubaZ

Feb 23, 2021
Dear friends, I got my final approval few days ago but we are still waiting for any update for my spouse's OWP application. Has anyone been in the same situation? Is it normal that they process the applications seperately?
Hey Can you please tell me what happened to your wife's visa as I'm in a similar situation and can't find any relatable situation. If she got it then how many days after your application was approved?
Thank you