Sydney NovaScotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 26 2014
AOR Received.
Awaiting
Hello everyone.

I belong from pakistan and ll be applying for a study permit in the coming week. I have been admitted to Master of engineering program at uni of alberta. In 2007 my brother sponsered my father for family immigration and my father put my name in the application as a dependent child( at that time I was a full time student.). Now i have graduated and doing a job. Now in the study permit application there is a question HAVE YOU EVER PREVIOUSLY APPLIED FOR ANY CANADIAN VISA( FOR EXAMPLE: PERMANENT RESIDENT, TEMPORARY RESIDENT ETC) what should be my answer to this question since I myself havent applied for family class immigration but neither could I hide it. I would also like to mention that my brother in canada jus recieved the call from them immigration authority that submit all the docs for the sponsership but the case in Islamabad CHC is not yet open.I need an expert opinion in this matter. Please help me .

thanks

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
Honesty is the best answer. My suggestion would be to say yes, that you were added onto an application with your father as a dependent through your brother who lives in Canada. Give them the file number if there is one, and tell them that because you got into this program, you would need a student visa to continue your studies as it takes so long to process the family class application.

imrankh85

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NovaScotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 26 2014
AOR Received.
Awaiting
hmm thanx for the reply and well there isnt any file no there so i think i would juz give them an explaination