+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa after 7 years of completion of Graduation

nage.sai94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hi Guys,

One of my friend want to do M.S in Canada. But he has completed his engineering in 2011 and from 2013 to till date he is working as Software engineer. Now he want to study in Canada. Could you please let us know his chances of getting student visa.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

One of my friend want to do M.S in Canada. But he has completed his engineering in 2011 and from 2013 to till date he is working as Software engineer. Now he want to study in Canada. Could you please let us know his chances of getting student visa.
Getting SP approval depends on a lot of factors, especially:

1. Relevancy of intended program to previous study or current work experience
2. Good IELTS score
3. Job opportunities back at home country
4. Personal assets and properties
5. Strong ties to home country

Study gap is not much of an issue if you can show that you have been working all those time you were out of school. I should know because I have 22yrs gap myself :)

nage.sai94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Getting SP approval depends on a lot of factors, especially:

1. Relevancy of intended program to previous study or current work experience
2. Good IELTS score
3. Job opportunities back at home country
4. Personal assets and properties
5. Strong ties to home country

Study gap is not much of an issue if you can show that you have been working all those time you were out of school. I should know because I have 22yrs gap myself :)
Thanks a lot for confirmation. It gave my friend lot of hope. Could you please tell me, good IELTS score means? How much? 7 would be enough or it needs to be more than that?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks a lot for confirmation. It gave my friend lot of hope. Could you please tell me, good IELTS score means? How much? 7 would be enough or it needs to be more than that?
Welcome.

For IELTS, try to get a score with no band lower than 6.5. The higher the better.