+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student to CEC

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Clarifications on feeds I have read:
1. Your 1 yr work experience starts on the date you started working after you receive your confirmation of graduation? Ex:
graduation: march 1, 2017
work: march 2, 2017 (SP still valid)
Apply for pgwp: march 3, 2017
Receive pgwp: june 3, 2017
1 year exp (assuming full time with no unpaid leaves) = March 2, 2018

2. Will a homebased work (remote) for a company in Canada (declared in tax returns, etc) be counted for CEC? The applicant has PGWP and has been working full time but at a work from home company in Canada.

3. If an international student graduate in Canada applies for CEC (PGWP only has 2 months left), can that person still stay in Canada while the application is in process? Will he be on an implied status and continue to work?

4. For a 1 yr international student graduate with 1 yr pgwp (possible extra month due to the pgwp processing time), is it better to apply using EE or CEC?

Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Clarifications on feeds I have read:
1. Your 1 yr work experience starts on the date you started working after you receive your confirmation of graduation? Ex:
graduation: march 1, 2017
work: march 2, 2017 (SP still valid)
Apply for pgwp: march 3, 2017
Receive pgwp: june 3, 2017
1 year exp (assuming full time with no unpaid leaves) = March 2, 2018

2. Will a homebased work (remote) for a company in Canada (declared in tax returns, etc) be counted for CEC? The applicant has PGWP and has been working full time but at a work from home company in Canada.

3. If an international student graduate in Canada applies for CEC (PGWP only has 2 months left), can that person still stay in Canada while the application is in process? Will he be on an implied status and continue to work?

4. For a 1 yr international student graduate with 1 yr pgwp (possible extra month due to the pgwp processing time), is it better to apply using EE or CEC?

Thanks in advance.
1 - Starts from the day you apply for your PGWP.

2 - Not enough information to answer this question.

3 - Yes, as long as you've submitted your application you can apply for a Bridge Open Work permit (as long as your PGWP has not expired) to keep on working.

4 - If you're a CEC applicant you must apply via EE.

Reactions: dap87

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
1 - Starts from the day you apply for your PGWP.

2 - Not enough information to answer this question.

3 - Yes, as long as you've submitted your application you can apply for a Bridge Open Work permit (as long as your PGWP has not expired) to keep on working.

4 - If you're a CEC applicant you must apply via EE.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

For item number 2:
Example: I have been hired by a Canadian company that offers homebased work after graduation and after applying for PGWP.
Can that be added to my Canadian work experience hours?

Thanks again.

Suraj89

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16 02 2018
AOR Received.
16 02 2018
Med's Done....
10 02 2018
Passport Req..
28 03 2018
VISA ISSUED...
03 04 2018
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

For item number 2:
Example: I have been hired by a Canadian company that offers homebased work after graduation and after applying for PGWP.

Thanks again.
It has to be full time permanent job and should fall under NOC 0, A, and B C code. If you claim points for this Job you have to submit a reference letter from your employer also.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

For item number 2:

Thanks again.
Your work experience will not be invalid just because your physical working location. But with remote work, there might be other things that invalidate this work experience in the eyes of CEC. For further information, cross check your employment against this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Cheers.

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Your work experience will not be invalid just because your physical working location. But with remote work, there might be other things that invalidate this work experience in the eyes of CEC. For further information, cross check your employment against this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Cheers.

Thank you for the information.

Eetsirc_20

Aug 19, 2015
I have a question, kindly help/clarify:

1. graduated in canada on post secondary cert. dec 31, applied for pgwp (paper based) on january 9 and continued working on NOC B-fulltime. - does this working experience counted towards CEC (implied status after engaging from full time studies)?

2. Does the work experience gained while on a Bridging open work permit count for CEC?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have a question, kindly help/clarify:

1. graduated in canada on post secondary cert. dec 31, applied for pgwp (paper based) on january 9 and continued working on NOC B-fulltime. - does this working experience counted towards CEC (implied status after engaging from full time studies)?

Yes, from the date of the PGWP application (for paper-based, this means the date the application was delivered to / received by IRCC).

2. Does the work experience gained while on a Bridging open work permit count for CEC?
You can't get the BOWP until after you have qualified for and applied for PR...