+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student spouse visa rejected

ruchit b

May 23, 2024
Hello everyone,i was hoping if anyone could help me with an option to apply for spouse visa. The changes in the immigration policies have recently changed but I had applied for the visa in January this year, well before the announcement. I am so upset as I feel the decision was unethical. They changed the rules but I did apply 2 months before the announcement. One of my friend with a very similar case as mine got the acceptance.

My 3 year old kid is suffering from mental health issues and I was hoping if there is a way to bring my family here.
Do you think visitor visa would work if I invite my family for my convocation? I completed my course 2 weeks back. What could be the other options?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,i was hoping if anyone could help me with an option to apply for spouse visa. The changes in the immigration policies have recently changed but I had applied for the visa in January this year, well before the announcement. I am so upset as I feel the decision was unethical. They changed the rules but I did apply 2 months before the announcement. One of my friend with a very similar case as mine got the acceptance.

My 3 year old kid is suffering from mental health issues and I was hoping if there is a way to bring my family here.
Do you think visitor visa would work if I invite my family for my convocation? I completed my course 2 weeks back. What could be the other options?
When did you apply if January 2024 and you graduated two weeks ago…timeline makes no sense? Did you apply for SOWP at the same time as the study permit? If program was ending within 6 months then IRCC will not process SOWP. What were reasons for refusal? SOWP is not guaranteed. If you have PGWP, then spouse can apply for SOWP if you have a job and payslips.

Reactions: ruchit b

ruchit b

May 23, 2024
When did you apply if January 2024 and you graduated two weeks ago…timeline makes no sense? Did you apply for SOWP at the same time as the study permit? If program was ending within 6 months then IRCC will not process SOWP. What were reasons for refusal? SOWP is not guaranteed. If you have PGWP, then spouse can apply for SOWP if you have a job and payslips.
Reason was that they (my wife and kid) seem to be potential immigrants and wont return back to home country