imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

Let me give you guys little background. In Year 2020 - 2021, we lost all the hopes to immigrate to Canada seeing Covid and no draws of PR, PNP.
Hence we decided the much expensive route which is going as a International Student. So we took admission for Jan 2022 intake but due to late LOA from college we were able to submit visa on Dec. We are 3 people. Wife - Student, Me (Spouse) and 2 year kid (Visitor) We applied visa for all of us together even though many people oppose saying there will be rejection. Well, we have small kid so we needed to take this risk.

I am posting my visa timeline here to track and help others to see actual scenario.

Visa Application Filed on 3rd December 2021
Biometrics Collection Letter for Student - 4 December 2021
Biometrics Collection Letter for Spouse - 5 December 2021
Biometric Given and Updated for both - 13 December 2021
Medical passed for Student - December 24, 2021

There is no update after this. I will be posting updates here.

Any questions welcome.

Thanks,

Colleenp

Jan 13, 2022
Hi.. Where r u applying from? My situation is similar. Im currently applying to colleges for Sept intake. I intend to take my spouse and child (2yr 10 months) with me. Just wanted to know if u are aware of anyone in the similar situation who has been granted visa.

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi.. Where r u applying from? My situation is similar. Im currently applying to colleges for Sept intake. I intend to take my spouse and child (2yr 10 months) with me. Just wanted to know if u are aware of anyone in the similar situation who has been granted visa.
I am applying from India and there are really few cases like us who want to go together. I think one or two cases I saw where whole family gets ppr. But this is all in case.

Kingkhokhar90

Mar 1, 2019
I'm from Pakistan, applying for a Student Visa + SOWP for my spouse and a 4 years old kid together. I've also been told to apply separately, but considering the situation of backlogs, i would rather prefer applying with family and working on my SOP than waiting for them there. Best of luck for your application, I've seen people getting visa+SOWP together.

A_S_A

Jan 17, 2022
Hello Guys,

Let me give you guys little background. In Year 2020 - 2021, we lost all the hopes to immigrate to Canada seeing Covid and no draws of PR, PNP.
Hence we decided the much expensive route which is going as a International Student. So we took admission for Jan 2022 intake but due to late LOA from college we were able to submit visa on Dec. We are 3 people. Wife - Student, Me (Spouse) and 2 year kid (Visitor) We applied visa for all of us together even though many people oppose saying there will be rejection. Well, we have small kid so we needed to take this risk.

I am posting my visa timeline here to track and help others to see actual scenario.

Visa Application Filed on 3rd December 2021
Biometrics Collection Letter for Student - 4 December 2021
Biometrics Collection Letter for Spouse - 5 December 2021
Biometric Given and Updated for both - 13 December 2021
Medical passed for Student - December 24, 2021

There is no update after this. I will be posting updates here.

Any questions welcome.

Thanks,
Hello,

I am also in similar situation. Applied together from India on 22 Nov21 for study permit (myself) + SOWP (spouse) + visitor (kid). Had our biometrics updated from earlier visits. But since then no update, not even medical request. Did a mistake of not doing medical upfront. Can you help me with the following queries?

1. Do you know which visa office is handling your case? Mine is New Delhi.
2. Can we do the upfront medical now? I found that IRCC is saying against it. If you have any idea please share.

Thanks upfront!

Reactions: imansoor

pbaez

Jan 17, 2022
Hello, I’m in the same situation.
I applied along with my husband and son (6 months).
Submitted January 1
Biometric done: january 3 (Sp and SOwp)
Review eligibility (for the three of us) : january 20
Non sds

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,

I am also in similar situation. Applied together from India on 22 Nov21 for study permit (myself) + SOWP (spouse) + visitor (kid). Had our biometrics updated from earlier visits. But since then no update, not even medical request. Did a mistake of not doing medical upfront. Can you help me with the following queries?

2. Can we do the upfront medical now? I found that IRCC is saying against it. If you have any idea please share.

Thanks upfront!
I dont know about this. Can you tell me how did you check yours?

Yes go for medical and raise the the web form to update to IRCC

A_S_A

Jan 17, 2022
I dont know about this. Can you tell me how did you check yours?

Yes go for medical and raise the the web form to update to IRCC
On my earlier occasions my file was handled by New Delhi. Hence I guess it should be the same this time too.

Thanks for your advice on the upfront medical. Should all the emedicals be sent to IRCC using a single webform by the primary applicant or through individual webforms?

Reactions: imansoor

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
On my earlier occasions my file was handled by New Delhi. Hence I guess it should be the same this time too.

Thanks for your advice on the upfront medical. Should all the emedicals be sent to IRCC using a single webform by the primary applicant or through individual webforms?
Since it is single application, send it via primary applicant.

Reactions: A_S_A