+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student permit

Abbey Alabey

Sep 4, 2020
Hi, I applied for study permit on 13th July. Did my biometric on September 10th. But am yet to get any reply or update regarding my study permit approved.The university that I got admission from Canada has started remote lectures since 16th September as well.. They asked me to register for my Fall term courses, but am yet to get my study permit approved. Anyone with useful information about this my case. What can i do about this issue

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Hi, I applied for study permit on 13th July. Did my biometric on September 10th. But am yet to get any reply or update regarding my study permit approved.The university that I got admission from Canada has started remote lectures since 16th September as well.. They asked me to register for my Fall term courses, but am yet to get my study permit approved. Anyone with useful information about this my case. What can i do about this issue
Hey, your best option is do defer your admission to Winter 2021 term or a later date (depending on the next available term for your course). Have you received an AIP? If yes you can always register for your online course. However, having an AIP doesn't guarantee that you'll receive a final approval of your visa in stage 2. Additionally, once you've made your tuition payment it becomes increasingly more difficult to get a refund (depending on your school's refund policy) from your school if eventually your visa is refused. Thus to avoid any unnecessary risks, deferral might be your best option. Hope this helps.

Abbey Alabey

Sep 4, 2020
Many thanks for your useful information you gave me.. Am so greaful.I haven't received AIP yet as at now. As regard the deferral if I do that, hope that will not affect my study permit been approved?
Am waiting to receive reply from you.
Cheers!

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Many thanks for your useful information you gave me.. Am so greaful.I haven't received AIP yet as at now. As regard the deferral if I do that, hope that will not affect my study permit been approved?
Am waiting to receive reply from you.
Cheers!
No problem, my pleasure... Just glad I could help, cheers ye!
Regarding your deferral, if you choose to defer to a later term, it won't affect you study permit being approved. You just need to send your updated letter of acceptance (with the new start term on it) by webform (google "IRCC webform") to the visa office that is processing your application. This will let the visa officer processing your application to input your new start day for your course when he/she makes a final decision on your application.

silvamania

Sep 20, 2020
Hi all,Am new here

please am about to submit my student permit next week. I have two bank statements. Salary and my savings account. The savings account is the main account Vi will be using for all my financial needs in Canada, I have a very low balance in the salary account
I want to ask if I can submit just the savings account and add my pay slips in lieu of the salary account or I should submit both of them for my applications
Thank you

Sep 21, 2020
Please am new here
I submitted my study visa application on April 19th, then did my biometrics on sept 9th but have not gotten an update on my application about my biometrics. I also will like to know when I may be expecting an instruction letter for my medicals.

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Hi all,Am new here

please am about to submit my student permit next week. I have two bank statements. Salary and my savings account. The savings account is the main account Vi will be using for all my financial needs in Canada, I have a very low balance in the salary account
I want to ask if I can submit just the savings account and add my pay slips in lieu of the salary account or I should submit both of them for my applications
Thank you
Hey, yes you can just include the savings account and add your pay slips in lieu of the salary account provided that the amount in your savings account is sufficient enough to prove to the VO that amount will cover both your tuition and living expenses during the duration of your studies, and that you won't be placed in a situation where you would need to work in Canada is order to cover any outstanding costs.

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Please am new here
I submitted my study visa application on April 19th, then did my biometrics on sept 9th but have not gotten an update on my application about my biometrics. I also will like to know when I may be expecting an instruction letter for my medicals.
Hey, you can send a webform enquiring ( just google "IRCC webform") about your biometric update on your CIC account. Additionally, you can also enquire about when exactly you would receive a medical request and what is the current status of your application.

Abbey Alabey

Sep 4, 2020
Hey, your best option is do defer your admission to Winter 2021 term or a later date (depending on the next available term for your course). Have you received an AIP? If yes you can always register for your online course. However, having an AIP doesn't guarantee that you'll receive a final approval of your visa in stage 2. Additionally, once you've made your tuition payment it becomes increasingly more difficult to get a refund (depending on your school's refund policy) from your school if eventually your visa is refused. Thus to avoid any unnecessary risks, deferral might be your best option. Hope this helps.

Hello, below is the reply I got from the University when I wrote to them to defer my Fall Term 2020.
Pls,what can I do?

The Agriculture Diploma only has one start date for the Fall term intake only. We cannot do any deferrals for Winter or any further date.

If you are unable to start this Fall 2020 term intake, you will have to reapply for the Fall 2021.

Abbey Alabey

Sep 4, 2020
No problem, my pleasure... Just glad I could help, cheers ye!
Regarding your deferral, if you choose to defer to a later term, it won't affect you study permit being approved. You just need to send your updated letter of acceptance (with the new start term on it) by webform (google "IRCC webform") to the visa office that is processing your application. This will let the visa officer processing your application to input your new start day for your course when he/she makes a final decision on your application.

Hello, this is the second reply I got from the University when I wrote them about my deferral. Pls what can I do?
APPLICATION TO DEFER MY PROGRAM !!
AI
Agriculture Information

To:
SAMUEL OLUWAFOISE
Mon 9/21/2020 10:44 AM

Hi Samuel,

Thank you so much for your emails. I have some information for you to review:

To remain active in the Diploma Program and not register full time:

Please register for a few program electives this year. This would allow you to remain an active student so you do not need to re-apply next year. As students cannot defer entrance to January, this would be the ideal option if you would like to start the program full time in September 2021.

You can take some online program electives this year, see options below, and then register in the full time Diploma cohort next fall. Taking some program electives would reduce the number of courses you would take in year 2 when you would focus on your option and farm management project.

Online/Distance delivery Program Elective Options:
ABIZ 1000 – Introduction to Agribusiness Management
ABIZ 2610 – Agricultural Law
HNSC 1200 – Food: Facts and Fallacies
HNSC 1210 – Nutrition for Health and Changing Lifestyles

These courses have already begun earlier this month, and students are able to register for Fall 2020 courses until tomorrow, September 22nd. You are also able to register for this courses in January 2021 as well.

Please follow the tutorials on this page for how to register for classes using Aurora: http://www.umanitoba.ca/student/records/tutorial/

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about registering for program electives.

Best,

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
e
Hello, this is the second reply I got from the University when I wrote them about my deferral. Pls what can I do?
APPLICATION TO DEFER MY PROGRAM !!
AI
Agriculture Information

To:
SAMUEL OLUWAFOISE
Mon 9/21/2020 10:44 AM

Hi Samuel,

Thank you so much for your emails. I have some information for you to review:

To remain active in the Diploma Program and not register full time:

Please register for a few program electives this year. This would allow you to remain an active student so you do not need to re-apply next year. As students cannot defer entrance to January, this would be the ideal option if you would like to start the program full time in September 2021.

You can take some online program electives this year, see options below, and then register in the full time Diploma cohort next fall. Taking some program electives would reduce the number of courses you would take in year 2 when you would focus on your option and farm management project.

Online/Distance delivery Program Elective Options:
ABIZ 1000 – Introduction to Agribusiness Management
ABIZ 2610 – Agricultural Law
HNSC 1200 – Food: Facts and Fallacies
HNSC 1210 – Nutrition for Health and Changing Lifestyles

These courses have already begun earlier this month, and students are able to register for Fall 2020 courses until tomorrow, September 22nd. You are also able to register for this courses in January 2021 as well.

Please follow the tutorials on this page for how to register for classes using Aurora: http://www.umanitoba.ca/student/records/tutorial/

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about registering for program electives.

Best,
Hello, based on the information provided, it's best that you register for a few electives in order to avoid reapplying next year since deferral isn't an option for your course at the moment. All the best.