Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am applying for a 2 year PG program with a University in BC. The course will commence early next year.

Q1: I understand that my spouse can get OWP until the duration of my course. During this period, if he gets a job which is exempt from LMO, can we apply for PR. Or can he get his employer to apply for PR for him, since he is on OWP?

Q2: Can my child who is currently studying in India, also attend school in canada, if we get TRV for the child.

Q3: What are the chances of my getting PR, after the completion of the 2 years full-time master degree course?

It is a big move for us and would appreciate advise from senior members of the forum.

Thanks,

userA

May 26, 2013
Hi,

1.) Yes, if you stay in BC and if your spouse gets a job then he can do either of the following:
a.) convince his employer to support him for PNP (provincial nomination). PNP is employer driven and employer can do it right away i.e. no wait time.
b.) get a year of experience in Canada under NOC 0,A or B and then apply for Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

2.) No. your child would need a study permit.

3.) You will not be eligible for getting a PR immediately after completing your masters course. You will get a work permit (Post Graduate Work Permit) for 3 years. You will need to find a job and then follow either a or b mentioned in point 1. Meanwhile, if your husband applies for PR when you are studying then you can apply with him as principal applicant and you will get PR with him.