Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I applied outside of Canada. I think for DIY application you will need IELTS but since I applied through an agency, it was waived. What are you worried about?

I was a DIY’er
And neither my country of birth or residence or nationality had English as official language.

i got my visa without ielts.

Reactions: bbm1711

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
I was a DIY’er
And neither my country of birth or residence or nationality had English as official language.

i got my visa without ielts.
It depends on the school and program, though majority is requiring an IELTS. My school is requiring me to take IELTS but since I have an agency they took care of it.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
I did not have to take IELTS and I got accepted at my school. It depends on the institution and program you are going to take
Very few "quality" schools omit IELTS.
"But it is not possible to get PR in Canada without IELTS. It is one of the basic requirements of obtaining PR because if you stay in Canada, they want to make sure that you can effectively speak and understand English, one of the major languages of Canada, the other one being French."
Google

Last edited:

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Very few "quality" schools omit IELTS.
"But it is not possible to get PR in Canada without IELTS. It is one of the basic requirements of obtaining PR because if you stay in Canada, they want to make sure that you can effectively speak and understand English, one of the major languages of Canada, the other one being French.
Yes I am aware of that. When applying for PR it is required to take IELTS, but I'm not applying for PR any time soon yet and IELTS result is only valid for 2 years.

Agencies here in the Philippines have connections with Canadian institutions that lets them waive the IELTS. Though it still depends on the program and the school

Last edited:
Reactions: bbm1711

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Yes that is correct, Visa officer will reject your file if you do not show IELTS score. Infact your score should not be below 6 otherwise also Visa office will reject your file.
Yes I am aware of that. When applying for PR it is required to take IELTS, but I'm not applying for PR any time soon yet and IELTS result is only valid for 2 years.

Agencies here in the Philippines have connections with Canadian institutions that let's them waive the IELTS. Though it still depends on the program and the school
I agree that it's just valid for 2 years, after getting PGWP, 3-4 years would already pass and a person would have to re-do IELTS. It's not that cheap either.

Last edited:

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
In simple word. No!
Who said so?? This requirement depends from country to country. For example, in India it might be mandatory but not for other countries. I have applied for PhD to Candian university and they waived IELTS for me because my B.sc and Msc was totally in English. In fact, they gave me a full scholarship. And for applying the Canadian SP the IELTS was not required for me. IT DEPENDS FROM WHERE YOU ARE APLYING FROM. FYI, am Eritrean and applied from Italy.