Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Has anyone tried to apply for student permit without ielts and got accepted?
Yes, I was.
It also depends on your program.
If your program requires IELTS, then you have to.

My course didn't and I didn't do my IELTS.

Also some colleges might have different rules.

Reactions: CMog

Emz90

Dec 26, 2018
Kuwait
Category........
I did not have to take IELTS and I got accepted at my school. It depends on the institution and program you are going to take
Targeting PG Diploma, I'm not worried about the college acceptance but more worried about the visa/study permit.
did you apply inside or outside Canada?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
IELTS requirement is depending on country you are from. If you are from a country where English is not a primarily language then Immigration officer and even college authorities will like to check you score. For e.g. I am from India and IELTS or TOFEL or PTE or any such exam is required which proves the English efficiency. You can get detailed information about IELTS requirement by going to each program/University website. Most of the universities/Colleges have clearly mentioned it.

Reactions: Shang Dela Cerna

Emz90

Dec 26, 2018
Kuwait
Category........
IELTS requirement is depending on country you are from. If you are from a country where English is not a primarily language then Immigration officer and even college authorities will like to check you score. For e.g. I am from India and IELTS or TOFEL or PTE or any such exam is required which proves the English efficiency. You can get detailed information about IELTS requirement by going to each program/University website. Most of the universities/Colleges have clearly mentioned it.
Thank you for that.
i was applying to a university for Masters and they had a clear statement that the language proficiency test can be exempted if a student can show a proof that the main instruction language for the last degree was in English.
but for Visa/study permit, the majority is saying the Language test is a visa requirement even if you a university/college has exempted.
i am applying from Kuwait.

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Targeting PG Diploma, I'm not worried about the college acceptance but more worried about the visa/study permit.
did you apply inside or outside Canada?
I applied outside of Canada. I think for DIY application you will need IELTS but since I applied through an agency, it was waived. What are you worried about?

Reactions: bbm1711

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Thank you for that.
i was applying to a university for Masters and they had a clear statement that the language proficiency test can be exempted if a student can show a proof that the main instruction language for the last degree was in English.
but for Visa/study permit, the majority is saying the Language test is a visa requirement even if you a university/college has exempted.
i am applying from Kuwait.
Yes that is correct, Visa officer will reject your file if you do not show IELTS score. Infact your score should not be below 6 otherwise also Visa office will reject your file.

JuanRamonn

Oct 1, 2019
but how come few had made it without IELTS?
If you're planning to enroll next year for september, you can just take the ielts exam, it isn't that hard to get a band score of 6. But if its for january, just go for it. It all comes down to luck, as you can see, few people got their study permit without taking the ielts exam. God bless you