+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit while in Canada or Not ?

miacanada

Jan 12, 2015
Hi

My brother who’s 29 and from Iran has a valid TRV visa. At the time he applied and granted the visa he proved his stable income from overseas and the properties he owns there ( incl. their rental income).

Currently he is very interested in applying for a Student Permit while his visa is valid for another 6 months.

I have a few questions :

1. He’s only travelled to Canada once so far and planning to travel again in Nov 2018. Does it help with CIC decisions if he travels a few times more before he applies for Student Visa? Just to prove that he has no intentions of overstaying his visa whether TRV or Student Visa.
  1. Does the fact that he’s in his late 20s and applying for a Bachelors college degree works against him?
  2. Any suggestions in application that we need to conisder. Other than the fact that we provide enough proof again that he isbgoinh go have stable rental income from overseas, owns properties there and has a high bank balance for the past year or so.
  3. Is it better to apply for Student Permit from Canada or from Overseas ?

I really thank any comments, or suggestions based on your experience. I don’t want my brother to possibly get rejected for his student visa and that risks his chances of extending his TRV in future too…

Thanks in advance