+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit to Visitor Record [Need urgent advice]

Dec 8, 2021
Hello all, I'm an international student and recently graduated on October 15th. I got a job offer and the company is filing for LMIA. The issue is my status is expiring around January 13th, 90 days after graduation and I would like to continue to stay in Canada until LMIA processing is done and the work permit application is sent. I do not want to risk travelling again due to the Omicron variant floating around and doing a lot of back and forth during this period is extremely stressful. Thus I decided on applying for a Visitor record so I can continue to stay in Canada.

I've enough funds to show I can live here comfortably until the visa is processed. But I do need advice on explaining my purpose in applying for a Visitor record. Should I mention my LMIA and CAQ processing with the application number and a Job offer from the Canadian Company? The job offer was given to me before my graduation. Any advice regarding this is highly appreciated. The entire situation has me stressed.

I know that to apply for a new work permit, I'll have to leave Canada but I was counting on a flagpole or the Temporary Public Policy to get me in a position to apply for the work permit when LMIA and CAQ are processed.

Thank you!