24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Hi everyone!

Here's the situation, my wife is a Student Permit holder and her SOWP was approved just today. She plans to drop out of school and work full time. Would this be a good decision? Will this not affect our PR ongoing application? We are just waiting for our PPR. Please advice.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
JWZR421 said:
Hi everyone!

Here's the situation, my wife is a Student Permit holder and her SOWP was approved just today. She plans to drop out of school and work full time. Would this be a good decision? Will this not affect our PR ongoing application? We are just waiting for our PPR. Please advice.
Any change in applicant or dependants conditions should be communicated immediately to CIC, in order to avoid misrepresentation that could lead in PR rejection.

Anyways, I don't know if your wife starts to work have to be communicate or could affect your application.

However if you're waiting for PPR I'll recommend wait until landing to take a job.

If you're applying under EE, process is usually faster enough to don't need to wait too much.

Best option, firts confirm if you have to communicate to CIC if your wife take a job, probably yes, because she have to update work story/personal story forms at least, so PPR can be delayed.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Gregor.Samsa said:
Any change in applicant or dependants conditions should be communicated immediately to CIC, in order to avoid misrepresentation that could lead in PR rejection.

Anyways, I don't know if your wife starts to work have to be communicate or could affect your application.

However if you're waiting for PPR I'll recommend wait until landing to take a job.

If you're applying under EE, process is usually faster enough to don't need to wait too much.

Best option, firts confirm if you have to communicate to CIC if your wife take a job, probably yes, because she have to update work story/personal story forms at least, so PPR can be delayed.
Thanks for the advice, it is greatly appreciated. Do you happen to know how to update her status from Student to Worker? She hasn't started working yet and still hasn't used her work permit, and she still goes to school.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
JWZR421 said:
Thanks for the advice, it is greatly appreciated. Do you happen to know how to update her status from Student to Worker? She hasn't started working yet and still hasn't used her work permit, and she still goes to school.
Since she gets a new WP perhaps you should inform CIC, but I don't know.

I think you can email CIC asking about it, them will request documents and forms if needed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Send a email to this address, explaining the changes and asking what you need to provide. Include your full name, application #, Client #, DOB, address and email.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Gregor.Samsa said:
Since she gets a new WP perhaps you should inform CIC, but I don't know.

I think you can email CIC asking about it, them will request documents and forms if needed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Send a email to this address, explaining the changes and asking what you need to provide. Include your full name, application #, Client #, DOB, address and email.
1 she doesn't have to do anything, as when/if they issue the work permit, they already know she had a study permit.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
PMM said:
HI

1 she doesn't have to do anything, as when/if they issue the work permit, they already know she had a study permit.
Yeah, could be meaningless for PR application she had obtain a WP.

But, what if she drop the school?
That's a change in your situation, have to be communicate? I'm not sure.

What if she get a job?
That's should be communicate, I guess.

Well, digging a bit in CIC, looks like probably is not necessary:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/next_steps.asp

You must let us know if:

a province or territory withdraws your nomination,
you do not plan to live in the province or territory that is nominating you,
your family composition changes (for example, birth or adoption of a child, marriage, divorce, etc.),
your mailing address or email address changes,
you change your immigration representative, or
you want to withdraw your application.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
PMM said:
HI

Thanks for the input. That's what she is trying to tell me too. But what if she gets a job soon? Will she have to inform them? BTW, I am the main applicant for PR application and she's my dependent.

mikrokosmos

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Thanks for the input. That's what she is trying to tell me too. But what if she gets a job soon? Will she have to inform them? BTW, I am the main applicant for PR application and she's my dependent.
hello, i have the same scenario now. I am the student and since we already applied for PR, so I was thinking to apply for sowp with my partner's bowp application. Can I still continue my studies? My purpose is so I can work more than 20hrs on top of my study permit restrictions.

Hope you can enlighten me on this. Thank you!