+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Rejected for Unclear Reasons

Jun 18, 2018
My answer will get a lot of hate! And I'll be labeled an ignoramus

But nonetheless after personally experiening the working of Canadian embassey during mine and some of my friends cases

I undoubtedly can tell you the system is completely broken

They let in those stupid illetrate villagers with bare minimum and (somewhat laughable) marks in their last qualification!

Fake loan papers

Countless backlogs

And also a bare minimum IELTS score!

And also no "passport stamps"

But when it comes to accepting genuine students with a immpecable profile like yours, they are doused with rejections!

And then they cry when the afteffects of letting in undeserved and questionable applicants into the country, as they wreck havoc on the infrastructure and law!

Moreover, These rejections not only affect your next attempt but also in case you want to switch countries!

I suggest you to go for an Ms in the USA and eventually get work experience to migrate to Canada or Australia!

Or try Australia! Because with your profile you'll definitely get a good scholarship in one of the group of eight! (They are like the ivy league of Australia)

Google group of eight!

Reactions: archit.shah

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
My answer will get a lot of hate! And I'll be labeled an ignoramus

But nonetheless after personally experiening the working of Canadian embassey during mine and some of my friends cases

I undoubtedly can tell you the system is completely broken

They let in those stupid illetrate villagers with bare minimum and (somewhat laughable) marks in their last qualification!

Fake loan papers

Countless backlogs

And also a bare minimum IELTS score!

And also no "passport stamps"

But when it comes to accepting genuine students with a immpecable profile like yours, they are doused with rejections!

And then they cry when the afteffects of letting in undeserved and questionable applicants into the country, as they wreck havoc on the infrastructure and law!

Moreover, These rejections not only affect your next attempt but also in case you want to switch countries!

I suggest you to go for an Ms in the USA and eventually get work experience to migrate to Canada or Australia!

Or try Australia! Because with your profile you'll definitely get a good scholarship in one of the group of eight! (They are like the ivy league of Australia)

Google group of eight!
That is so on point. And to add to that I know four people who just got rejected last week for study permit and all four of them were genuine students going for higher studies at University of Waterloo. They had a perfect profile and more than sufficient finances. One of them was a Phd student from IIT and he was told he does not have enough academic qualifications. I am not sure what is going on with study permit applications for Canada.

I am too vested in pursuing studies at University of Waterloo, it hard to change course now. Only option I am left with is to apply again and hope for a rational Visa Officer.

Reactions: Thedragonwhowentmad

MrBoombastic

Jun 14, 2018
Thanks a lot for this. I do not believe I have enough time and energy to spend on getting the GCMS notes. Instead I am now gathering documents to reapply online. This time I will pay the first term fees, get GIC & show family assets (so VO can see I have a well established family to return India).

In my SOP I will emphasize on TOEFL score and how it is accepted by Waterloo. I hope that should do the trick.

I had a question regarding Family Information Form (IMM1645). When we apply online, after completing this document do we need to print it out, sign it and upload it back? My doubt arises because of the fact that on application form it clearly mentions do not print this form to sign. But so such indication is given in the help section of this particular form. Do you know if anyone who is applied for study permit online, and got accepted - what did they do?
Anything which has the validate button in the application, you should not print and sign. So for family information form, you should print, sign and upload.

Also, I would strongly recommend you to apply for GCMS notes even if you are applying online right now. If, by any chance, you get rejected again, then at least you will know the proper reason and will be able to defer your admission to January and apply again for a third time.

Can you tell me the exact reason for your rejection? Like copy paste it here. Because normal rejections are like - Not convinced...... Due to - marksheets, language ability, establishment, travel history.

As you can see it's a very general reason. Even though you might have attached your language ability test or college marksheets, the rejection statement will still read as above.

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Anything which has the validate button in the application, you should not print and sign. So for family information form, you should print, sign and upload.

Also, I would strongly recommend you to apply for GCMS notes even if you are applying online right now. If, by any chance, you get rejected again, then at least you will know the proper reason and will be able to defer your admission to January and apply again for a third time.

Can you tell me the exact reason for your rejection? Like copy paste it here. Because normal rejections are like - Not convinced...... Due to - marksheets, language ability, establishment, travel history.

As you can see it's a very general reason. Even though you might have attached your language ability test or college marksheets, the rejection statement will still read as above.
My exact reason is that VO is not convinced I will return upon completion of my stay and on arriving on that conclusion he has stated: Travel history and Purpose of Visit.

The other reason that he has mentioned is Insufficient Language qualifications, in exact words.

MrBoombastic

Jun 14, 2018
I think the Master of Mathematics part would have stumped the VO. In your next SOP, in as layman words as you can manage, try to explain why it makes sense. Also, give examples of some companies that hire people with these degrees and what type of job role it might be. Try to be as brief as possible and don't get too technical

With regards to language, AFAIK it's not a problem unless your college gave you a conditional LOA which mentions language as one of the conditions of your admission. If you have already sent them toefl scores and uni has accepted it, should not normally be a problem. Then again, the only rejections I have seen is in spp applications if applicants have provided something other than IELTS, since that is one of the compulsory documents for spp applications. But yours is not spp.

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
I think the Master of Mathematics part would have stumped the VO. In your next SOP, in as layman words as you can manage, try to explain why it makes sense. Also, give examples of some companies that hire people with these degrees and what type of job role it might be. Try to be as brief as possible and don't get too technical

With regards to language, AFAIK it's not a problem unless your college gave you a conditional LOA which mentions language as one of the conditions of your admission. If you have already sent them toefl scores and uni has accepted it, should not normally be a problem. Then again, the only rejections I have seen is in spp applications if applicants have provided something other than IELTS, since that is one of the compulsory documents for spp applications. But yours is not spp.
Exactly, my application is not SPP. I do not have a conditional offer from the university. University requirement is around 100 for TOEFL score and my score is 108 out of 120. I will emphasize on this point in my SOP.

dahal1

Apr 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Canada
Exactly, my application is not SPP. I do not have a conditional offer from the university. University requirement is around 100 for TOEFL score and my score is 108 out of 120. I will emphasize on this point in my SOP.
hmm..thats an interesting and frightening read.....
i too have applied with 321 GRE and a TOEFL (105) but my score is expired...as my uni accepted me with an expired toefl.....i didnt care to retake them again (the language score is not mandatory).....i am applying for masters course as well...
With your profile i think my application is on rejection as well.... :(
now this is very frightening......

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
hmm..thats an interesting and frightening read.....
i too have applied with 321 GRE and a TOEFL (105) but my score is expired...as my uni accepted me with an expired toefl.....i didnt care to retake them again (the language score is not mandatory).....i am applying for masters course as well...
With your profile i think my application is on rejection as well.... :(
now this is very frightening......
I doubt that. I think that my case was one off. Hope for the best :) I have seen people with bare minimum requirements get student visas for Canada.

dahal1

Apr 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Canada
I doubt that. I think that my case was one off. Hope for the best :) I have seen people with bare minimum requirements get student visas for Canada.
yeah!! i too was advised the language test is not mandatory for application...i thus went with the flow ( i wouldn't have taken the test again anyways :) ) ....anyways lets see...i have applied to delhi highcomission...on 31st may...
hope you get it next time...best of luck

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
profile :
10th 2010 - 8.0
12th 2012 - 71%
B.tech Ece 2016 - 80.5%
experience web dev - 1.5 yrs
ielts 7.5 ntl 6.5
lambton college - mobile application development
one sem fees paid
SPP category
GIC $10200
Applied on 30th april 2018.

linked my offline application to gckey on 3rd july 2018 and it shows ur application is refused.

I don't know why they have refused my application. I have everything good. I can share my SOP if anyone interested.

Please guide me through this. I am really tensed and want to know where i lagged.

Jun 18, 2018
Looking at your curren profile , The biggest mistake you may have made is, that you went for a pg diploma course( was it even a pg diploma course?)! Instead of a master's degree in CS

If you genuinely have interest in your feild! still, You may have not been present valid facts to the VO!

And besides that you have not shared your rejecttion reason! And if you can! Share your SOP if you need further help!

Thankyou

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
Looking at your curren profile , The biggest mistake you may have made is, that you went for a pg diploma course( was it even a pg diploma course?)! Instead of a master's degree in CS

If you genuinely have interest in your feild! still, You may have not been present valid facts to the VO!

And besides that you have not shared your rejecttion reason! And if you can! Share your SOP if you need further help!

Thankyou
Actually, I was more interested in having PG course as they focus on skills and there are students who get their visa on PG courses. I don't know that this could be the reason for rejection.
I haven't received my passport yet and refusal letter. I just linked my offline application to GCKEY and it showed me refusal status.
I can share my SOP with you. I genuinely have an interest in this field and want to go there. Now like I don't have visa my inner me is haunting me and tension is increasing exponentially.

kunalnayyar

Jun 30, 2018
SOP KUNAL NAYYAR

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

I am Kunal Nayyar; a Bachelor of Technology in CT Institute of Technology – Electronics and Communication graduate intending to gain my higher skills in Mobile Application Development with Lambton College, Canada.

There was something about computers and programming that always attracted my interest. I rate my four years of Bachelor Degree into Electronics and Communication as best years of my life as I spent more time in computer laboratories and learning new programming languages. My journey of achieving targets began there. With proper guidance and my dedication, I worked hard to swim against the flow and scored an aggregate of 80.5% which helped me to stand among the top 9% of 160 students of the department. My Bachelors helped me to learn core concepts of Data Structure, Computer Architecture, Computer Networking, Object-oriented Programming (OOPs), Data Management System, Theory of Computation and Principles of Compiler Design and Operating System. I found these concepts very fascinating and interesting which helped me a lot in my projects.

As a part of my final year project, I attended 6 month training in PHP and Web development. I learned all the essential skills in this training. This training includes skillset of : PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript, JQuery, Ajax, Mysql Database and many more.I worked on a project which was a web portal for Schools and institutes with my two other mates. We worked together as all the tasks were distributed to each student according to their skills. I was responsible for the data fetching and database management. We used PHP language as Backend and HTML for front-end interface. The database was managed by MySql and various insertions and fetching algorithms were developed at their peak accuracy. Javascript and JQuery were used to make it more dynamic and user-friendly. We spent 4 months in both Designing and Developing as one month was given to the testing and bugs removal. The online portal was comprised of features to add student's data to different classes and sections. After uploading all the data, teachers can manage the portal on mobile or laptop showing responsive nature of design. The main objective of that portal was to make a User-friendly interface and providing more convenient features to teachers as well as students. Every Student and teacher had its own unique login Id where he can access portal. Students can view result and check their monthly attendance.

WORK EXPERIENCE & ASSIGNMENTS UNDERTAKEN

After my Undergraduate studies, I wanted to do something different, something innovative. I wanted to launch some platform which could ease the online experience for society or provide them something that is not available. I did my research and development in the online shopping field. I found that sellers found it very expensive to sell their stuff online on various websites as these websites charge huge commissions as well as taxes. So I built an online platform with the name of “Dealing India” at www.dealingindia.com. I got selected under 3000 Start-ups of India. There is a joint venture of Government of India – Department of Science and Technology and IIM Calcutta – Innovation Parkwith name of Smart Fifty. I have cleared two rounds at this event and able to attain position under 3000start-ups of India. I was rewarded with Rs.50,000 worth cash benefits for start-up.

Using this platform, anyone in India could sell their product online and can make their virtual shop. They are provided with unique shop address with an unlimited number of products to upload. The selling process is so easy, that sellers just have to go to SELL page, upload product photographs with description of the product and their email-id/Mobile number. With these three steps, any individual can upload unlimited products. Along with this process, their virtual shop will be created automatically. They can customize their shop by changing cover picture and Display picture. The bright side of this project is that it is issued in public interest. I am not charging a single rupee from any seller or buyer. There are neither any commissions nor any subscription charges. We are just creating a bridge between buyer and sellers to make online selling and buying easy and fast. Whole Project is designed and developed by myself. I took 6 months on development and testing. I built this project with PHP 7.0 as backend and HTML 5 as front-end. Javascript, JQuery, Mysql, XML, Ajax, CSS, Sass were used in its development. After this, the major step was letting people know about this platform so I did social media and marketing to put a spotlight on it.

Also, I worked as a Web Developer in Global Institute of Information and Technology (GIIT), Jalandhar Punjab. This has significantly improved my knowledge in virtualization and cloud-based technologies. I was exposed to various technologies like Angular, Wordpress, React JS and Web framework. I have also frequently participated in voluntary trainings and cultural events hosted in office as well.
I also work with some clients as a freelancer web developer and all my project details can be seen on my own website i.e. https://www.iamkunalnayyar.com.
Now after attaining an experience of 2 years and achieving a level of expertise, I feel the need of higher education in mobile app development field.

PROGRAM CHOICE- MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT – Lambton College, Toronto:

As an obvious choice to take my existing qualification to the next levels and gain my higher qualification in an environment that would be much more advanced than my own and for this I have gained my admission for the program of Mobile Application Design & Development with Lambton College, Toronto. The program includes skills needed to move me in the final touching to my Developing skill set. This program focuses on three major content areas: Android/IOS App Development, Digital Media Design and Co-op. The big advantage for any student is that most of the courses are designed as per the latest industry-recognized requirements and provide proper certifications recognized worldwide.The Job prospects around the world are extremely fulfilling and lucrative.I am eager to learn more about mobile application development as its demand is expected to surge largely. The dedicated study in the same will enable me to use my academic and practical skills for learning the web and mobile application development course.

I believe that the advanced level education offered by this course would help me master the skills desired that would help me to integrate my profile to make me eligible for various opportunities not only in my dream companies but also in some of the best companies around the globe. I am really thankful for your worthy time and patience you put to read about my ambition and determination and hope to be part of the September 2018 Intake with Lambton College.

Yours Sincerely

KUNAL NAYYAR

Reactions: mmclub

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
SOP KUNAL NAYYAR

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

I am Kunal Nayyar; a Bachelor of Technology in CT Institute of Technology – Electronics and Communication graduate intending to gain my higher skills in Mobile Application Development with Lambton College, Canada.

There was something about computers and programming that always attracted my interest. I rate my four years of Bachelor Degree into Electronics and Communication as best years of my life as I spent more time in computer laboratories and learning new programming languages. My journey of achieving targets began there. With proper guidance and my dedication, I worked hard to swim against the flow and scored an aggregate of 80.5% which helped me to stand among the top 9% of 160 students of the department. My Bachelors helped me to learn core concepts of Data Structure, Computer Architecture, Computer Networking, Object-oriented Programming (OOPs), Data Management System, Theory of Computation and Principles of Compiler Design and Operating System. I found these concepts very fascinating and interesting which helped me a lot in my projects.

As a part of my final year project, I attended 6 month training in PHP and Web development. I learned all the essential skills in this training. This training includes skillset of : PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript, JQuery, Ajax, Mysql Database and many more.I worked on a project which was a web portal for Schools and institutes with my two other mates. We worked together as all the tasks were distributed to each student according to their skills. I was responsible for the data fetching and database management. We used PHP language as Backend and HTML for front-end interface. The database was managed by MySql and various insertions and fetching algorithms were developed at their peak accuracy. Javascript and JQuery were used to make it more dynamic and user-friendly. We spent 4 months in both Designing and Developing as one month was given to the testing and bugs removal. The online portal was comprised of features to add student's data to different classes and sections. After uploading all the data, teachers can manage the portal on mobile or laptop showing responsive nature of design. The main objective of that portal was to make a User-friendly interface and providing more convenient features to teachers as well as students. Every Student and teacher had its own unique login Id where he can access portal. Students can view result and check their monthly attendance.

After my Undergraduate studies, I wanted to do something different, something innovative. I wanted to launch some platform which could ease the online experience for society or provide them something that is not available. I did my research and development in the online shopping field. I found that sellers found it very expensive to sell their stuff online on various websites as these websites charge huge commissions as well as taxes. So I built an online platform with the name of “Dealing India” at www.dealingindia.com. I got selected under 3000 Start-ups of India. There is a joint venture of Government of India – Department of Science and Technology and IIM Calcutta – Innovation Parkwith name of Smart Fifty. I have cleared two rounds at this event and able to attain position under 3000start-ups of India. I was rewarded with Rs.50,000 worth cash benefits for start-up.

Using this platform, anyone in India could sell their product online and can make their virtual shop. They are provided with unique shop address with an unlimited number of products to upload. The selling process is so easy, that sellers just have to go to SELL page, upload product photographs with description of the product and their email-id/Mobile number. With these three steps, any individual can upload unlimited products. Along with this process, their virtual shop will be created automatically. They can customize their shop by changing cover picture and Display picture. The bright side of this project is that it is issued in public interest. I am not charging a single rupee from any seller or buyer. There are neither any commissions nor any subscription charges. We are just creating a bridge between buyer and sellers to make online selling and buying easy and fast. Whole Project is designed and developed by myself. I took 6 months on development and testing. I built this project with PHP 7.0 as backend and HTML 5 as front-end. Javascript, JQuery, Mysql, XML, Ajax, CSS, Sass were used in its development. After this, the major step was letting people know about this platform so I did social media and marketing to put a spotlight on it.

Also, I worked as a Web Developer in Global Institute of Information and Technology (GIIT), Jalandhar Punjab. This has significantly improved my knowledge in virtualization and cloud-based technologies. I was exposed to various technologies like Angular, Wordpress, React JS and Web framework. I have also frequently participated in voluntary trainings and cultural events hosted in office as well.
I also work with some clients as a freelancer web developer and all my project details can be seen on my own website i.e. https://www.iamkunalnayyar.com.
Now after attaining an experience of 2 years and achieving a level of expertise, I feel the need of higher education in mobile app development field.

As an obvious choice to take my existing qualification to the next levels and gain my higher qualification in an environment that would be much more advanced than my own and for this I have gained my admission for the program of Mobile Application Design & Development with Lambton College, Toronto. The program includes skills needed to move me in the final touching to my Developing skill set. This program focuses on three major content areas: Android/IOS App Development, Digital Media Design and Co-op. The big advantage for any student is that most of the courses are designed as per the latest industry-recognized requirements and provide proper certifications recognized worldwide.The Job prospects around the world are extremely fulfilling and lucrative.I am eager to learn more about mobile application development as its demand is expected to surge largely. The dedicated study in the same will enable me to use my academic and practical skills for learning the web and mobile application development course.

I believe that the advanced level education offered by this course would help me master the skills desired that would help me to integrate my profile to make me eligible for various opportunities not only in my dream companies but also in some of the best companies around the globe. I am really thankful for your worthy time and patience you put to read about my ambition and determination and hope to be part of the September 2018 Intake with Lambton College.

Yours Sincerely

KUNAL NAYYAR
Hi Kunal,

Did you show any property documents or CA wealth evaluation document with your application?

The reason I am asking that is, these documents show you have a well-established family in India that you will return to. I also noticed you have not explained your future plans after education. VO likes to see what will you do after this degree, and the expectation is you will return to India and justify your decision to do so in your SOP. Also, you need to mention why you did not choose India for higher education?

My application was rejected and these were the missing things. I very much suspect it will be the same for you. Best thing to do right now would be to ask for a admission deferral at your college, wait for rejection letter and also apply for GCMS notes. Only then apply again.

Archit

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
SOP KUNAL NAYYAR

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Yours Sincerely

KUNAL NAYYAR
Definitely don't put that annoying formatting, don't know about the rest.

Reactions: archit.shah