+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student permit refusal

Realxai

Jan 14, 2020
Hi. Good day!

I badly need your help. I just got denied for my student visa application last December 2019, and now I'm planning to reapply. The reasons for my refusal are the following:

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216 (1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

2. Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, your previous studies, employment, level of establishments or your future prospects and plans.

I can justify the first reason of my refusal if they have checked my travel history. I've been going back and forth to Canada since 2017 because I already have a tourist visa. However, as for the second one, as stated above, the program I planned to take was Hospitality Management and is completely irrelevant with my previous studies and work experience which I understand why I got refused. I'm a Bachelor of Science in Nursing graduate but never pursue my career in nursing and work as a Medical Sales Representative for 5yrs now up to present. Moreover, as I plan to reapply, I'd like ask for your advice.
I thought about taking Health Care Assistant Program which is somehow related to my bachelor's degree. Will this help me and convince the immigration to reconsider my application?

Please. Help. It will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Cannot say whether makes sense or not but of course you still obviously need to be convincing why you need to come to Canada and how such a course both makes sense based on qualifications/work experience and how such a course will improve your prospects on returning to your home country. Obviously having been rejected once you do not want to appear to be either desparate or simply picking on a course for the sake of getting a study permit if your long term career goals on returning home are not clear to IRCC.

Reactions: Uvr and Jay0999

Realxai

Jan 14, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I just have a question though. I'm going back to canada this month and I'm planning to submit and process my student application while i'm there. Do you think it's a good idea? And also, is there a need for me to mention in my study plan about my refusal?

thanks in advance..

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
  1. Should have really consulted before choosing your program man. Put yourself the CIC officer shoes...from Nursing to Hospitalu? Why on earth would you do that when Nursing is booming.
But now that you applied already there are no take backs...if you switch now..looks suspicious. You're gonna have to come with a really good story and hope they buy it.

Realxai

Jan 14, 2020
  1. Should have really consulted before choosing your program man. Put yourself the CIC officer shoes...from Nursing to Hospitalu? Why on earth would you do that when Nursing is booming.
But now that you applied already there are no take backs...if you switch now..looks suspicious. You're gonna have to come with a really good story and hope they buy it.

I knowww. :( i wasn't really thinking. I just dis everything on my own.. :(

Realxai

Jan 14, 2020
Cannot say whether makes sense or not but of course you still obviously need to be convincing why you need to come to Canada and how such a course both makes sense based on qualifications/work experience and how such a course will improve your prospects on returning to your home country. Obviously having been rejected once you do not want to appear to be either desparate or simply picking on a course for the sake of getting a study permit if your long term career goals on returning home are not clear to IRCC.

Thank you for your reply. I just have a question though. I'm going back to canada this month and I'm planning to submit and process my student application while i'm there. Do you think it's a good idea? And also, is there a need for me to mention in my study plan about my refusal?

thanks in advance..

Shlokwow

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019

thanks in advance..
Yes its good idea to apply being there. And ofcourse you can change the course and justify in your SOP that why you changed the course (ofcourse bcz it was irrelevent.) And dont be affraid to change the course and select the relative one again. My brother got the same refusal reason so the consultant advised to change and reapply again and tadaaa. He got Visas. And there are lots of other cases, where the course relativty has came in between. But it can be resolved by changing your situation as written in the refusal letter. "You can reapply again if your situation changes".
Hope this helps. Be free to ask if anything else is required

Reactions: Uvr and Realxai

Realxai

Jan 14, 2020
Yes its good idea to apply being there. And ofcourse you can change the course and justify in your SOP that why you changed the course (ofcourse bcz it was irrelevent.) And dont be affraid to change the course and select the relative one again. My brother got the same refusal reason so the consultant advised to change and reapply again and tadaaa. He got Visas. And there are lots of other cases, where the course relativty has came in between. But it can be resolved by changing your situation as written in the refusal letter. "You can reapply again if your situation changes".
Thank you so much for your reply. It's such a relief. I was losing my hope already.. thanks again..

anyone here who can help me with my study plan? I just wanna make sure that this time everythings going to work out well.. i'm just doing everything on my own..

atomster

Oct 24, 2019
Hi there, just want to know if I should leave the funds for my school fees and living expenses on a fixed deposit account or a savings account. Ive been rejected twice with one of the reasons being my financials. So what do y'all suggest I do should I put it to a savings or leave it as a fixed deposit. (Although it is in a fixed deposit the funds can be withdrawn at anytime required) Please do advise me on this matter. Thank you

Harinderr

Aug 21, 2021
Hello bro,
I need your help please help me bro
I am refused two times with business administration course, i done my +2 in 2020 with non-medical now I want to change my course so can you please help me regarding
My reapply that how should I justify my course this time and should I mention about previous course and change of course.
If possible can you plz send me Sop or at least just the draft of part that mentioned.
Thanks please help me

nikhileragon

Jan 30, 2018
hello everyone,

I applied for a study permit in January 2020 and my application was rejected stating I won't come back to my home and country and my course in not relevant to previous studies, my agents filled my case with an explanation and all other relevant documents including my families wealth and all other things, but unfortunately, I got refusal 3 times, and I had no clue what to do after my 3rd refusal corona came and I was totally lost and confused. Now I am thinking of reapplying again but in a different course which is particular made for students who want to study after masters degree and a year of work experience. the course is known as an Extended course and is offered at the University of Manitoba. one of my friends from my master's applied for it and gt the visa. now I want to know if I will have to apply for the course and study permit with an altogether new application and SOP or what? and what about my previous application? my agents gave me a GC key but I forgot it as they were doing everything on their own mostly. now please tell me how to start with the new study permit option.

Kunwar10

Aug 14, 2021
Hi Guys. My study permit is refused twice for business analysis course at Fanshawe College on grounds of 1. Won't return back to your home country. 2. Course is irrelevant to your previous studies and work ex. What should I do now? Should I change my course
My profile is : 10th - 8.6 CGPA, 12th 68.4%, Btech in IT 7.8 CGPA (no backlogs)
2018 graduate.
* Started my own company related to talent acquisition (10 months)|
* Worked as an IT Executive at a MNC for 1.1 Years
* Working as a Business analyst intern in a company from 4 months.
Please guys spare some time and share your views.