+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student permit--need urgent help

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
hi

i am an Indian applying for canada studypermit from philippines as i am working here. I just submitted my application and wrote in study plan that i am joining this course for better career opportunities. Embassy is asking for study leave application as additional document. Actually i will be resigning from my company...need your suggestions on how the response should be

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamy said:
hi

i am an Indian applying for canada studypermit from philippines as i am working here. I just submitted my application and wrote in study plan that i am joining this course for better career opportunities. Embassy is asking for study leave application as additional document. Actually i will be resigning from my company...need your suggestions on how the response should be
Hi,

Probably CHC want to know how well established you are in your country of residence. You can simply submit your resignation letter (or may be a work experience letter on an official letter head).

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
thanks for your reply....my husband is also in working in Philippines and he'll still be working here when go for study..do you suggest that even in this situation resignation letter should suffice

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamy said:
thanks for your reply....my husband is also in working in Philippines and he'll still be working here when go for study..do you suggest that even in this situation resignation letter should suffice
Hi,

You have no other option but to comply with the CHC requirement. It's good if it's 'Study leave application', otherwise just put off your 'resignation letter'.

Canada Help

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
hello,

i would suggest try to arrange for a copy of your study leave application.do not submit your resignation letter.It is clearly mentioned on the website that you should not leave your job or other commitments on your part unless a visa has been issued.remember that submitting a resignation letter might make you sound like a potential immigrant to the visa officer which may be enough to have an impact on your application.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada Help said:
hello,

i would suggest try to arrange for a copy of your study leave application.do not submit your resignation letter.It is clearly mentioned on the website that you should not leave your job or other commitments on your part unless a visa has been issued.remember that submitting a resignation letter might make you sound like a potential immigrant to the visa officer which may be enough to have an impact on your application.
Hi,

I quote you;

"It is clearly mentioned on the website that you should not leave your job or other commitments on your part unless a visa has been issued."

It's only an advisory not a part of visa checklist. Like,

I quote visa checklist

1. Any preparations you make, such as paying administration or tuition fees, are done entirely at your own risk.

2. Do not finalise travel plans unless you have received a visa from the Canadian High Commission to India in New Delhi, or the Consulate General of Canada in Chandigarh.

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't resign yet. just get an educational leave letter! the stronger ur ties to Philippines the stronger r ur chances of getting the visa. Good Luck!