+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit: How long to wait after completing medical visit

Neyos

May 6, 2022
I applied for my student permit months ago and the school year is supposed to start on the 12 of august and I tried to go ahead and book a flight ( cancellable ) for the 06 of August. I just received my invitation for medical examination and I want to know if I should cancel my flights.

Please how long did you had to wait after your medical examination before travel.

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for my student permit months ago and the school year is supposed to start on the 12 of august and I tried to go ahead and book a flight ( cancellable ) for the 06 of August. I just received my invitation for medical examination and I want to know if I should cancel my flights.

Please how long did you had to wait after your medical examination before travel.

Thanks.
So you have not completed the medical yet? Do you have an appointment? If not then a response by August 12 is unlikely.

Reactions: Neyos

Neyos

May 6, 2022
So you have not completed the medical yet? Do you have an appointment? If not then a response by August 12 is unlikely.
Thanks for your help. I was able to cancel the flight in time

Now, I have some updates, I was able to finish my exams and it was submitted on the 04 of August.

This health case was submitted to IRCC on 04 Aug 2022.
So did you think I can get a response by the end of the month. How likely before the 22 August ( The courses will start the 22 of August ).

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your help. I was able to cancel the flight in time

Now, I have some updates, I was able to finish my exams and it was submitted on the 04 of August.

So did you think I can get a response by the end of the month. How likely before the 22 August ( The courses will start the 22 of August ).

Thanks.
But you would still need passport stamping by the 22nd, correct? How long would that take in your country.?