+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit + Dependent Minor Child

Em13

Aug 10, 2021
Hi! I would like to know if there is anyone here with the same case as mine.

I applied for a study permit (SDS, Fall 2021) in May and have received my approval in June. I lodged my application together with my child's application. However, until today, there are no updates for her except for "Medical Passed" which happened in June. I have tried sending several queries via WebForm, but I'd only receive the standard replies and no significant update status. Does anyone have another recommendation as to what I could do? BTW, I have also requested GCMS notes, but have not received them yet. To my understanding, our applications were supposed to be processed at the same time. Any idea what went wrong?

Also, can someone enlighten me regarding the August 6 date announced on the IRCC website? Was it suppose to be a guarantee? Because it's already past that date.
Is it possible that our applications are processed by different visa offices?

Thanks so much!

Reactions: Umm.Muhammad05

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applications aren’t necessarily processed together. Many times study permits are processed first, and later on an open work permit or TRV. Depends on processing times for your country. August 6 was for study permits not family members and you got your permit. There are no guarantees from the government.

Did you apply for a study permit or TRV for your child? How old is your child? Where are your from?

Wait for GCMS notes but there is nothing you can really do if you have raised webforms.

Em13

Aug 10, 2021
"Many times study permits are processed first, and later on an open work permit or TRV."
Do you mean processed by the Visa Office or by the applicants?

I applied for a study permit for her too as that was the instruction I read from the website. It also said that processing would be faster if we applied together. So that's what we did. We lodged our application on May 14.

What I'd like to know is if the Visa Office would process our application at the same time since we submitted them together. I have read many FB posts where applications receive the decision at the same time if they were submitted together. I find it strange that mine was already approved while hers did not have any movement after "Medical Passed".

PS: I am writing from the Philippines.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
"Many times study permits are processed first, and later on an open work permit or TRV."

I applied for a study permit for her too as that was the instruction I read from the website. It also said that processing would be faster if we applied together. So that's what we did. We lodged our application on May 14.

What I'd like to know is if the Visa Office would process our application at the same time since we submitted them together. I have read many FB posts where applications receive the decision at the same time if they were submitted together. I find it strange that mine was already approved while hers did not have any movement after "Medical Passed".

Study permits for the primary applicant is usually processed first because that approval usually is required for the other visa and permit approvals. Postsecondary International student applicants are being prioritized because schools starts soon.

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

It's extremely normal for the applications to be processed and approved separately by the visa office even if submitted together by the applicant. This really is very normal (not at all unusual) and we see it here all of the time. Hopefully you'll hear about the dependent visa soon and good luck.

Em13

Aug 10, 2021
It's extremely normal for the applications to be processed and approved separately by the visa office even if submitted together by the applicant. This really is very normal (not at all unusual) and we see it here all of the time. Hopefully you'll hear about the dependent visa soon and good luck.
Hearing that it's quite normal gives me some relief. Still, this is making me anxious. Thanks for your replies.:)

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
Hello All,

I am currently in Canada with Work Permit and my husband and six year daughter in India. My husband has valid Open work permit and vaccinated. My daughter is not having a visa now. We have applied for a study permit for her last month..Does any ones knows what is the possibility to approve my daughter's study permit soon ?.

Thanks in advance
Rose

Jun 4, 2021
Hi! I would like to know if there is anyone here with the same case as mine.

I applied for a study permit (SDS, Fall 2021) in May and have received my approval in June. I lodged my application together with my child's application. However, until today, there are no updates for her except for "Medical Passed" which happened in June. I have tried sending several queries via WebForm, but I'd only receive the standard replies and no significant update status. Does anyone have another recommendation as to what I could do? BTW, I have also requested GCMS notes, but have not received them yet. To my understanding, our applications were supposed to be processed at the same time. Any idea what went wrong?

Also, can someone enlighten me regarding the August 6 date announced on the IRCC website? Was it suppose to be a guarantee? Because it's already past that date.
Is it possible that our applications are processed by different visa offices?

Thanks so much!
Please check inbox .

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Hello All,

I am currently in Canada with Work Permit and my husband and six year daughter in India. My husband has valid Open work permit and vaccinated. My daughter is not having a visa now. We have applied for a study permit for her last month..Does any ones knows what is the possibility to approve my daughter's study permit soon ?.

Thanks in advance
Rose
Hi,
I am in the same situation, I am in work permit, i applied for my son study permit son september 20201. Did you received your visa.

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
Hi,
I am in the same situation, I am in work permit, i applied for my son study permit son september 20201. Did you received your visa.
Hello,

Unfortunately no, I have submitted my daughter's application in July last week and since then no updates. IRCC is increasing the processing time every week. By the time of my submission it was 7 weeks but now its 15. My submission is completed 12 weeks now but still no updates.

Thanks

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Hello,

Unfortunately no, I have submitted my daughter's application in July last week and since then no updates. IRCC is increasing the processing time every week. By the time of my submission it was 7 weeks but now its 15. My submission is completed 12 weeks now but still no updates.

Thanks
Any update.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
sad

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
People i applied study permit for my son 4 years old on september 2021 and received study permit on NOV 3 2021. I dont know were the application processed. But my son is in india, we applied online with agnt.

nitination

Jan 8, 2022
People i applied study permit for my son 4 years old on september 2021 and received study permit on NOV 3 2021. I dont know were the application processed. But my son is in india, we applied online with agnt.
What did you attach in Letter of acceptance? I am in a similar situation. I am in Canada on a Study permit and want to apply for my daughter.