+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Applied Online was APPROVED, but yet to receive LOI

tenglai

Nov 3, 2015
My application online was approved on the 20th Oct, but I have yet to receive any Letter Of Introduction.
Does anyone has similar issue? How long does it usually take for them to issue a LOI upon approval?
I've sent in a case specific inquiry but it says it will take 30 business days for them to respond :eek:
Does anyone know of a phone number that I can call to ask?

Thanks very much!

HK888

Oct 27, 2015
Let me share my experience with you. After i noticed that my application was approved from MyCIC account, I was unable to receive the Letter of Introduction and approval email from CIC. Then having waited for about one week, I sent an email to the CIC office and they replied me in about 3 working days that the LOI has been sent to MyCIC account. However, i was still unable to see the letter in MyCIC account. Eventually, i sent email again and told that no LOI in MyCIC account, then they replied my email right away with an attachment of the LOI.

tenglai

Nov 3, 2015
HK888 thanks for sharing ur experience with me. Which email address did u send to?
Was it Question@cic.gc.ca?

Did u use the case specific enquiry form? Or did u just email them straight to the address?

ysoooslow

Oct 30, 2015
hi,

I'm still waiting for the results. Just wondering, under "a final decision has been made", would it say "approved" or an ambiguous "completed"? I'm asking because i saw a lot of people sent their passports but then got a rejection back...

thanks

tenglai

Nov 3, 2015
@ysoooslow it will be reflected as CASE CLOSED and THIS APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED. Hopefully u will get LOI at the same time they approve it.

rmonroe

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I was approved, It took a 2 days to receive an Introduction letter, to say that I was approved. Got my permit after a week on my mail.

ysoooslow

Oct 30, 2015
If after getting the study permit, I also need to send my passport for the temporary residence visa, would I still get that LOI..? I did hear I'll get a letter requesting to send my passport right away. What does this LOI do?

HK888

Oct 27, 2015
Hi tenglai, I sent my email directly to the CIC office of my own country. Since i am from HK, i sent to hkong-cs@international.gc.ca

Since it is not allowed to post links here, maybe you let me know your country of origin and I check for you ?

HK888

Oct 27, 2015
Hi tenglai,

Here you go ! Email address is : spore@international.gc.ca Tel : 65 6854-5900

Hope this may help :D

tenglai

Nov 3, 2015
Hey HK888,

Thank u so much for ur help! ;D
I've sent them an email, hopefully they will reply soon!

tenglai

Nov 3, 2015
ysoooslow said:
If after getting the study permit, I also need to send my passport for the temporary residence visa, would I still get that LOI..? I did hear I'll get a letter requesting to send my passport right away. What does this LOI do?
@ysoooslow I'm not sure abt TRV cos I'm from a country that only requires ETA. So I don't have to send in my passport. A LOI is a letter that u need to show to the officer at the port of entry, in order to get a student permit from them. I heard without LOI, u might have trouble entering Canada or getting a student permit even they have approved ur application. I'm not 100 percent sure of this fact, but it's better to be safe than sorry, get LOI before flying to Canada is the best bet.