+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit along with Spouse Open Work Permit submitted for Sept 2021 (Fall intake) - Lets join here and share Updates

ReeJo

Jun 21, 2021
Hi,

Have you applied?

I am going to apply for my study permit for jan 2022 intake.
Along with spouse and kids how to apply.
Has anyone got approval of study visa along with dependants?
what are the exact documents require?

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Hi,

Have you applied?

I am going to apply for my study permit for jan 2022 intake.
Along with spouse and kids how to apply.
Has anyone got approval of study visa along with dependants?
what are the exact documents require?
Yes, I applied. But no update yet.

Its well known that the chances to get approval when applying SOWP along with SP is risky. Many have been successful too. But majority got negative response.

You can find many threads explaining in detail about the requirements. And also there are a lot of videos out there on youtube. Since me and my wife are applying from different countries our documents requirement was not the regular one.
Basically you will require Marriage certificate, relationship proofs, birth certificate of your child, home ties and Funds. All these points have to be looked into individually depending on your situation.

Reactions: RumezaJ

Mikelimimo

Jul 9, 2021
Aliyas have received any updates on your application? My wife is the SP here while I am Sowp. Review started on her profile on June 28 while nothing has changed on mine. Medicals and Biometrics passed. It was a joint application submitted May 5. We hope for a positive response soon

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
applied online: 06/18/2021 for Fall 2021 / 2 year course

My biometrics updated from previous application

Spouse biometrics:6/21 and Background check started same time

Eligibility review started 07/03 not other updates so far

It says Medical not needed but we me and my spouse both need medical ( waiting for the request )

Reactions: Mikelimimo

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd

Its well known that the chances to get approval when applying SOWP along with SP is risky. Many have been successful too. But majority got negative response.

You can find many threads explaining in detail about the requirements. And also there are a lot of videos out there on youtube. Since me and my wife are applying from different countries our documents requirement was not the regular one.
Basically you will require Marriage certificate, relationship proofs, birth certificate of your child, home ties and Funds. All these points have to be looked into individually depending on your situation.
Has your eligibility review started?

Mikelimimo

Jul 9, 2021
applied online: 06/18/2021 for Fall 2021 / 2 year course

My biometrics updated from previous application

Spouse biometrics:6/21 and Background check started same time

Eligibility review started 07/03 not other updates so far

It says Medical not needed but we me and my spouse both need medical ( waiting for the request )
Why don't you go for medicals inorder to hasten decision on your application. This will help eliminate the time for waiting a MR

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Why don't you go for medicals inorder to hasten decision on your application. This will help eliminate the time for waiting a MR
I called the physician’s office and they said once submitted i must wait for MR. if it wasn’t submitted ,i could do the medical exam.
I didn’t know i will be needing medical exam since i am in the US , i later realized it’s a requirement of my course ( healthcare program)

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Aliyas have received any updates on your application? My wife is the SP here while I am Sowp. Review started on her profile on June 28 while nothing has changed on mine. Medicals and Biometrics passed. It was a joint application submitted May 5. We hope for a positive response soon
Check my signature. You will find the details.
No update yet. At least for you the review started for SP applicant.

In my case:
SP - medicals and biometrics passed no other update
SOWP - Bio metrics passed. No update after that

Mikelimimo

Jul 9, 2021
I called the physician’s office and they said once submitted i must wait for MR. if it wasn’t submitted ,i could do the medical exam.
I didn’t know i will be needing medical exam since i am in the US , i later realized it’s a requirement of my course ( healthcare program)
O! That's fine if it was a requirement

Mikelimimo

Jul 9, 2021
Check my signature. You will find the details.
No update yet. At least for you the review started for SP applicant.

In my case:
SP - medicals and biometrics passed no other update
SOWP - Bio metrics passed. No update after that
Ok. I hope we get good news soon

nataliamia

May 23, 2021

Hello! Here is my story :
Iam Mexican (student) and my husband is Moroccan with PR in Mexico (worker ) we applied together back on May 1st from Mexico. We traveled to Quito for the biometrics on May 6th then on May 19th I got my SP approved but his SOWP remained in process until July 19th when we sent a webform and I got updated to “we are reviewing” after I sent another webform on August 10th and 2 emails but no response. Can you tell me if there are chances that his permit is approved or denied ??
Thanks

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Hello! Here is my story :
Iam Mexican (student) and my husband is Moroccan with PR in Mexico (worker ) we applied together back on May 1st from Mexico. We traveled to Quito for the biometrics on May 6th then on May 19th I got my SP approved but his SOWP remained in process until July 19th when we sent a webform and I got updated to “we are reviewing” after I sent another webform on August 10th and 2 emails but no response. Can you tell me if there are chances that his permit is approved or denied ??
Thanks
We cannot be sure. Try orderimg gcms notes to understand current update on his profile.

Expect positive, but be prepared for negative

Rokeshbheemaiah

Aug 8, 2020
Bengaluru
Category........
STUDY
Hi.. Rokesh, 32.. I received admit for Master of Management logistics for May 22 at University of Windsor on 29th Aug.. I'll be applying for both SP+SOWP as combined application under SDS category. What are my chances of rejection??

ailyas2

Oct 22, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Other
Hi.. Rokesh, 32.. I received admit for Master of Management logistics for May 22 at University of Windsor on 29th Aug.. I'll be applying for both SP+SOWP as combined application under SDS category. What are my chances of rejection??
Apply asap with good pof and ties to your home country. Also show why you will be coming back to your hime.country. you may get the visa for.both.