+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Financial aids in Alberta

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi all,

I am a permanent resident since 2013, but only were in Canada for 2 years and were working in engineering firm for 6 months, now I am out of job but on EI and not for long too.

I have bachelor degree from arab gulf country in 2001,and I am thinking to go back to college and do a 2 year diploma, i prefer diploma over master degree since i need hands on experience ,i.e using electrical designing softwares like autocad electrical, Intools, PLC programming,DCS...etc, if i do that by corporate training it is very expensive, my questions:

1- Which college is best in Instrumentation & Control technology programs? so far i seen NAIT and Lambton college have awesome programs.

2- can they waive some courses since i had studied them during my bachelor.

3- is there a grant in Alberta equivalent to OSAP in ontario.

4- what are the financial aide available in alberta ,i am married and have kids.

5- what are the hiring rates for the graduates from NAIT in Edmonton,does the oil and gas companies give preference to graduates from NAIT or SAIT.

6- At the moment i am in Ontario, can I apply for OSAP for out of province grant to study in Alberta, NAIT.

thx all