+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student direct stream

Tarund82

Dec 5, 2023
Hi Forum,
How long does the Student Direct Stream visa take? I applied for a visa on 2nd Dec. The Last day to confirm with the university about the visa is 11th Dec. Paid the full fee to the University. Biometrics completed earlier. Is it possible to hear from IRCC about the final decision before that? Any insights and experiences are highly appreciated.
Thanks
Tarun

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Forum,
How long does the Student Direct Stream visa take? I applied for a visa on 2nd Dec. The Last day to confirm with the university about the visa is 11th Dec. Paid the full fee to the University. Biometrics completed earlier. Is it possible to hear from IRCC about the final decision before that? Any insights and experiences are highly appreciated.
Thanks
Tarun
Can take up to 11 weeks or more. SDS stream can take as long as non SDS. Why did you apply with only 9 days for processing and approval? So will you get approval in 5 days, not likely. Has eligibility and background started? Do you need medicals?

Tarund82

Dec 5, 2023
The online tool is showing only 20 days for processing SDS. Also I already given biometrics so I thought it will be faster.