+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Direct Stream

Jessica12

Jun 19, 2019
I wanna ask about the study permit under SDS. Can I replace the IELTS score with a diploma from a Canadian Highschool? And if i can, how can i submit my diploma Online? Because in Online application, they just ask if i have my ielts score or not ?
Thank you so much for your help!

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I wanna ask about the study permit under SDS. Can I replace the IELTS score with a diploma from a Canadian Highschool? And if i can, how can i submit my diploma Online? Because in Online application, they just ask if i have my ielts score or not ?
Thank you so much for your help!
Under SDS you have to have an IELTS score to be eligible.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So if i do that, im i still viewing as under SDS ?
No, you will not be viewed under SDS. If you want SDS processing, then you need to go for an IELTS test. If you want to skip IELTS test, then you will have to apply the normal way, which will take longer and require more documentation.

Jessica12

Jun 19, 2019
Thank you for your help ! Im just a bit confused because some people said they apply their study permit under sds and they replace their ielts score with a Canadian highschool diploma, and its work..

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thank you for your help ! Im just a bit confused because some people said they apply their study permit under sds and they replace their ielts score with a Canadian highschool diploma, and its work..
As far as I know, during the questionnaire they ask if you have an IELTS score with a minimum of 6.0 band in all sections. If you don't have that then you're not eligible. If you feel those sources are trustworthy, then you can follow them, however you do that at your own risk. As far as I know, there is no official way, that is written down to do that.

Reactions: gupt07ash

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Hi guys,
i have a general queries about SDS program from pakistan as it is recently added in list.
- do i need bank to provide bank statement in pakistan bank account, if yes the how much as i plan to come with my spouse, so we will be 02 persons.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Hi guys,
i have a general queries about SDS program from pakistan as it is recently added in list.
- do i need bank to provide bank statement in pakistan bank account, if yes the how much as i plan to come with my spouse, so we will be 02 persons.
I am not sure about the update that Pakistan is added to the list of SDS countries, as I don't see Pakistan stated as one of the eligible countries on IRCC official website.

However, as for SDS requirements when it comes to financial proof, you would need 2 things:
- $10,000 GIC from a eligible Canadian bank.
- First year tuition fees paid in full.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I am not sure about the update that Pakistan is added to the list of SDS countries, as I don't see Pakistan stated as one of the eligible countries on IRCC official website.

However, as for SDS requirements when it comes to financial proof, you would need 2 things:
- $10,000 GIC from a eligible Canadian bank.
- First year tuition fees paid in full.

It is mentioned in official website. You can check yourself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html#s02

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi guys,
If u are opting one year program u only need to pay one year fee + gic (10200).
If ur program is of two year or more u better show some funds, which is not necessary, to support Ur next academic years.
One more thing Requirements under SDS
-One year fee
-Gic
-IELTS 6 each
-Offer letter
-Biometric
-Medical
Are same for each country but SDS checklist still varies from country to country.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
If u are opting one year program u only need to pay one year fee + gic (10200).
If ur program is of two year or more u better show some funds, which is not necessary, to support Ur next academic years.
One more thing Requirements under SDS
-One year fee
-Gic
-IELTS 6 each
-Offer letter
-Biometric
-Medical
Are same for each country but SDS checklist still varies from country to country.
Like in India study permit SDS checklist is totally different from Study permit generic checklist, whereas, for Vietnam checklist for study permit is same for all level( Vietnamese have to fill study permit questionnaire in SDS checklist but for Indians there is no study permit questionnaire in SDS checklist)
I just want to correct a few things.
I am from Vietnam and when I applied for my Study Permit, I didn't follow any checklist. I just upload the documents stated as requirements in my online application (no questionaire, no checklist, no Study Plan/SOP).
Also, even if your program is 2 years or longer, financial requirements for SDS is still the same. Just $10,000 GIC and first year tuition fees paid.
That was what I did and got approved in 16 days.

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I am from Vietnam and when I applied for my Study Permit, I didn't follow any checklist. I just upload the documents stated as requirements in my online application (no questionaire, no checklist, no Study Plan/SOP).
Also, even if your program is 2 years or longer, financial requirements for SDS is still the same. Just $10,000 GIC and first year tuition fees paid.
Yeah questionnaire is not required

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
What did u upload ( educational documents)