+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stuck with x-ray,,,help

baba2010

Star Member
May 31, 2010
hi i have my medical done last week wat a good docter every thing was fine even she write down on xray that patient insist so she can have xray oh i am fifteen week preg....but when i went for xray they refused saying its from cic that no pregnent women can have xray eventhough i ll give my written permission and immigration docter write dowm my question is,,is it really a law,,or should i try different location,,,one more thing in case if i cant do it is it a negative impact on my file as i m inland and paid ropr fees and police clearence alredy,,,and my baby father is canadian so i dont think he has to go through medical please answer thanks in advanced

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
This was a Canadian doctor that said you could get an x-ray while pregnant?!
Pregnant women should not get x-rays unless it is a life-or-death situation. It can seriously harm the unborn baby. You're lucky the lab refused. Don't go to a different lab - they should all refuse.
If you are pregnant, get the doctor to indicate this on the form, or get your own doctor to write a letter stating this and include it in your application.
If you are pregnant, CIC will let you wait until after the baby is born to have the x-ray. It won't delay your application. The medical will be sent in, they will see you are pregnant, and so will accept the medical without the x-ray.

baba2010

Star Member
May 31, 2010
thanks for reply yes she is a canadian docter so u mean if all the reports r fine they not gonna wait for xray to send me a pr card or should i ask docter to have a skin test to see TB symptoms as i dont want to late my process

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
They won't wait for the x-ray once they find out the reason it is missing is because you're pregnant. However, your baby will probably be born before you get your PR through inland.
I suggest you ask the doctor about the skin test. You could also get your husband to write a letter or email to CIC to see if they want or will accept a skin test.