+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in Wuhan, China b/c virus, need to mail possport asap

stellay

Jul 11, 2019
I received my ITA back in Sept 2019. Received notice to mail passport on Feb 05. I came back to my hometown Wuhan, China on jan 18 to visit my family. But due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, the city of Wuhan banned all travel on Jan 23. Now I am stuck in Wuhan, dont know when I can go back to Canada. All the visa centres in China are also closed until March 1 due to the virus. I sent in a web form regarding my situation, but they only extended the deadline to March 14 from March 06. Now I do not know if I should mail the passport to Canada, or to a visa centre in China, or wait until the travel ban is lifted and go back to Canada first. I have already submitted another web form regarding my situation. Does anyone know how long it usually take to process the passport after they receive it? I am afraid that if I mail it, I cannot receive it back in time to go back to Canada for work.

I haven't been back to my hometown for 2 years, who knew that I could run into such a situation...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can confirm but likely you will receive a second extension closer to the date if you ask for one and the quarantine remains.

killeengao

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I received my ITA back in Sept 2019. Received notice to mail passport on Feb 05. I came back to my hometown Wuhan, China on jan 18 to visit my family. But due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, the city of Wuhan banned all travel on Jan 23. Now I am stuck in Wuhan, dont know when I can go back to Canada. All the visa centres in China are also closed until March 1 due to the virus. I sent in a web form regarding my situation, but they only extended the deadline to March 14 from March 06. Now I do not know if I should mail the passport to Canada, or to a visa centre in China, or wait until the travel ban is lifted and go back to Canada first. I have already submitted another web form regarding my situation. Does anyone know how long it usually take to process the passport after they receive it? I am afraid that if I mail it, I cannot receive it back in time to go back to Canada for work.

I haven't been back to my hometown for 2 years, who knew that I could run into such a situation...
I’ve heard you could mail it to Hong Kong visa office, but you need send a money order(huipiao) from Bank of China first. Google it and some agencies do this.