+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in Security Screening - Citizenship applicants

harleenkaur1218

Sep 30, 2023
Hi Everyone! It seems like some of us are in stuck in Security Screening for a long time without any anticipated timeline of how long does it take for it to be completed. Creating this thread so everyone can share their timelines so we have a clear idea on how long is it taking on an average for Security Screening to be completed.

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
Hi Everyone! It seems like some of us are in stuck in Security Screening for a long time without any anticipated timeline of how long does it take for it to be completed. Creating this thread so everyone can share their timelines so we have a clear idea on how long is it taking on an average for Security Screening to be completed.
what's your AOR date? Has the test been completed on tracker?

My AOR Oct 28, Fingerprints received Dec 3 and BG still in progress? Expert forummer commented it's due to Security not passed yet?
No clue why it takes longer for some of us

harleenkaur1218

Sep 30, 2023
what's your AOR date? Has the test been completed on tracker?

My AOR Oct 28, Fingerprints received Dec 3 and BG still in progress? Expert forummer commented it's due to Security not passed yet?
No clue why it takes longer for some of us
My AOR was on Sep 14th and Fingerprints received on October 16th but background check is still in process. I think it is due to security screening pending. Not sure how long its gonna take to complete. It's kinda weird that people get their bg passed next day after FP received and we have to wait for so long.

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
My AOR was on Sep 14th and Fingerprints received on October 16th but background check is still in process. I think it is due to security screening pending. Not sure how long its gonna take to complete. It's kinda weird that people get their bg passed next day after FP received and we have to wait for so long.
Exactly!!!
I was expecting BG to be done very next day like it's for most people on the tracker. Kept on checking tracker like mad
Little did I know about the Security screening.
I thought it's done prior to test invite. But now, who knows......

Reactions: dwighter

dwighter

Jul 21, 2021
Same here, Mississauga office, AOR Oct 31, Fingerprints requested Nov 12 and delivered Dec 14, no update since then. I had 15+ travels outside Canada in past 2 years. I provided I90 and CBSA travel history when submit application.