+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in IP2

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Process is .. CIC asks CBSA to do thorough Security screening for any candidate they want. Then CBSA sends out requests to many agencies including CSIS for their reports. CSIS then will do its part and return the result to CBSA. CBSA will wait for all the agencies involved to provide the report before sending its own final report to CIC. Then based on report CIC takes the final decision regarding PPR.

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Thank you!
I have 3 entries with SS and one with security, is it the same as you?
Did you see ss entries in gcms notes? When did you order last notes? Because nowadays it's a growing speculation that ircc has started retracting ss from gcms notes. Even I have no ss in my notes and already passed 4 months at ip2.

Reactions: Susana0928

Susana0928

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hello All,

I need advice regarding Notes.

Long story short: I just want to know if my spouse is under SS to make life plans accordingly.

Long story: My husband is Iranian and the day we hit IP2 (about 2 weeks and a half ago) he was requested CV and Supplementary Information form for Students. He has no links to government agencies in Iran or Military History. He finished his master’s degree in the US in Civil Engineering.

I ordered GMCS notes last week but I have been reading that notes do not show SS info anymore, therefor a person will not know if he/she has been sent for SS. We do not mind waiting an additional year or so in the process but we would like to know if this is going to take another year to make plans accordingly (living arrangements, OPT extensions, job decisions, travel plans, etc)

Should I go ahead and request CSIS and CBSA notes even though I don’t know if we are in SS? is it too early and it wont show even if he is under SS?

I have seen twice already that some people who ordered CBSA notes received just one sheet of paper showing two rows of information not detailing anything. Any ideas of why those people received that?

Any advice is appreciated!

Good luck to all! Thanks!

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Hello All,

I need advice regarding Notes.

Long story short: I just want to know if my spouse is under SS to make life plans accordingly.

Long story: My husband is Iranian and the day we hit IP2 (about 2 weeks and a half ago) he was requested CV and Supplementary Information form for Students. He has no links to government agencies in Iran or Military History. He finished his master’s degree in the US in Civil Engineering.

I ordered GMCS notes last week but I have been reading that notes do not show SS info anymore, therefor a person will not know if he/she has been sent for SS. We do not mind waiting an additional year or so in the process but we would like to know if this is going to take another year to make plans accordingly (living arrangements, OPT extensions, job decisions, travel plans, etc)

Should I go ahead and request CSIS and CBSA notes even though I don’t know if we are in SS? is it too early and it wont show even if he is under SS?

I have seen twice already that some people who ordered CBSA notes received just one sheet of paper showing two rows of information not detailing anything. Any ideas of why those people received that?

Any advice is appreciated!

Good luck to all! Thanks!
I don't know about those people whey they received such a short CBSA report. But CBSA report should provide details of everything.

And CBSA report is usually consisted of more then 250-pages.

If contains each and every paper you have submitted for your immigration application and each and every letter/word that you have communicated during process of your application.

CBSA will clearly tell you that whether thrown in Security screening or not? if in Security screening then forget about any decision prior to one to two years from start date of background checks.

Amrith

Dec 24, 2017
I was stuck in IP2 since feb 15th to april 11 when I got my "ready for visa" email. Hang in there and all the best!