+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in india, can i still apply for CERB?? as a work permit holder

saugarfd

Jul 8, 2020
Hi, i am work permit holder stuck in india right now. I took vacation from job in last week of jan. I was supposed to join job in march but had to cancel flight because of shutdown. I meet all the other requirement of Cerb, not sure if i can apply? Please help
Yes you can apply for CERB even if you are stuck abroad.see video below.

Confirmed by :
Marielle Hossack, Spokesperson for Ministry of Employment, about whether or not Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents, who are stuck abroad, can apply for EI or CERB.

saugarfd

Jul 8, 2020
Im not implying anything . I’m going by the rules set out by the Government
It’s black & white

Confirmed by :
Marielle Hossack, Spokesperson for Ministry of Employment, about whether or not Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents, who are stuck abroad, can apply for EI or CERB.

saugarfd

Jul 8, 2020
Google YouTube video : RED FM: Can You Apply for CERB or EI if You're Stuck Abroad?

Confirmed by :

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Confirmed by :
This person left their job in January. They would not qualify for CERB. you have to look at individual situations.