+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in india, can i still apply for CERB?? as a work permit holder

kuangnam

Aug 25, 2018
So easy. If you are not sure, you just apply then get the money. Later if CRA do the auditing and decide that you are not eligible then you can pay them back. Just one drawback you may have record in your profile.

Romy445

Apr 18, 2020
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, i am work permit holder stuck in india right now. I took vacation from job in last week of jan. I was supposed to join job in march but had to cancel flight because of shutdown. I meet all the other requirement of Cerb, not sure if i can apply? Please help
Yes you can dont worry and call cra

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This isn’t quite clear. What kind of break did you take from your employer? Canadians usually get 2-3 weeks of vacation per year. We’re you on unpaid leave during this time? Did you get an ROE? Would really encourage you to explain your situation to CRA and ask for clarification. Do you have proof of flight cancellation in the 1st week of a March? Most flights from India were still running in the first week of a March So it is unusual for your flight to be canceled unless you were travelling through China.

Jennydao

Apr 27, 2020
Hi, i am work permit holder stuck in india right now. I took vacation from job in last week of jan. I was supposed to join job in march but had to cancel flight because of shutdown. I meet all the other requirement of Cerb, not sure if i can apply? Please help
Sorry, you have to be in Canada

Love Randhawa

Apr 14, 2020
C
You are eligible i call CRA yesterday they ask me its not your current status of residence
And yes you are stucked because of COVID-19 flights are not going. Thats why you are eligible and can apply.
If you need more clarification call CRA directly. +18009598281
Thanks
can we eligible to apply cerb ? I am stuck in india

vivekt

Dec 13, 2016
I am on a work permit. I got laid off. My last working day as per ROE is 13 March. I am stuck in India bcz of flight suspension due to COVID. I had enough income in 2019.
Am I eligible for CERB?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am on a work permit. I got laid off. My last working day as per ROE is 13 March. I am stuck in India bcz of flight suspension due to COVID. I had enough income in 2019.
Am I eligible for CERB?
What about your 2020 income? When did you last work in Canada?

uaslam

Apr 22, 2019
As per new clarifications, if you are stuck outside Canada and can't get back to work, you're eligible for CERB. Please go to Canada.ca.