+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in background check since Feburary

addonis1990

Jun 15, 2016
Is it normal that CEC processing time takes more than 5 months? We have been waiting for response for almost 5 months now. Me and my wife, we submitted our application on Jan 29 and we sent some supplementary documents on Feb 15. We passed the medical test very quickly and then we were stuck in the background check for over four months now. How often does the application processing times surpass 6 months ? I am already in Canada as tourist but hoping to get their decision very soon.

Thanks in advance for your help

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Is it normal that CEC processing time takes more than 5 months? We have been waiting for response for almost 5 months now. Me and my wife, we submitted our application on Jan 29 and we sent some supplementary documents on Feb 15. We passed the medical test very quickly and then we were stuck in the background check for over four months now. How often does the application processing times surpass 6 months ? I am already in Canada as tourist but hoping to get their decision very soon.
/QUOTE]

The service standard is 80% within 6 months, so you have no real reason to be concerned just yet. Data are old but suggest they meet that standard. Everyone's background is different, background checks vary quite a lot in how long it takes to process. If you are concerned, you can call or order your GCMS notes...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards/electronic-federal-skilled-worker-program-january-2015.html