+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck at LPP

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Hope you get yours completed soon. Interesting that each time I contact the call centre I get a different response, one agent told me that they are working on LPP but another said it hasn't started. One told me my file is in Calgary and another said it was Sydney. And they all repeat the same 19 month processing timeline.
Dealing with the call centre is extremely frustrating. I think they are just BSing us half of the time, and they are of no help if there is an issue.
It seems that their main purpose is to say anything to make you stop calling for a while. If that requires a lie that would make you feel good, they will do that.
Though I heard that sometimes they can read recent officer notes for you. On the other hand, in my experience they were extremely squirelly about this: they read one note for me and refused to read the rest, even though there was nothing really secret there according to my GCMS notes.

Most likely after 19 months pass, they will say you just have to wait, and they cannot do anything. How long, they won't tell you.
I am very happy that I don't have to call them anymore for now, and the law firm is dealing with this nightmare for me.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I've been stuck for 15 months, until I filed a mandamus. After that language and presence got completed, that was a month ago. Prohibitions are still "in progress" in tracker, but you cannot trust tracker on this. LPP are often not started even though they are shown as in progress in tracker.
Filing a Mandamus? Wow! That must have been quite an expensive adventure? I heard, it costs (altogether in total) something in the realm of CAD $7K? Unless you did it all yourself.

Reactions: Calgary222

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Filing a Mandamus? Wow! That must have been quite an expensive adventure? I heard, it costs (altogether in total) something in the realm of CAD $7K? Unless you did it all yourself.
It depends on who you hire to do this, and how many stages you end up going through.

I judged that it will pay off fairly quickly for me, with all the problems this and my delayed PR renewal is causing me.
Also, not having to talk to IRCC call center agents is priceless!

• Love
Reactions: Dr. Walden

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Type: Online
Primary office: Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Secondary office: ? Assuming Vancouver as my test invite came from there (and I live in BC).
Physical presence: 1761
Application: Single
Application sent: June 20th 2022
AOR: June 23rd
GU: Oct 7th
Request for more information: Nov 28th
Information sent: Nov 28th
Tracker status updated: Nov 30th waiting on you for more information.
GU: Dec 16th
Jan 17th - email saying they couldnt read document. So I sent registered post.
Jan 19th- tracker updated to say waiting on you for additional info.
Jan 23rd- info received on their end.
March 2nd- got document back. Status updated to reviewing info.
March 3rd- Background complete
March 8th- Test invite March 13th -April 3rd.
March 13th- Took test passed 19/20.
March 23th- Test completed (updated on tracker March 25th).

Nothing since. Tracker still says waiting on you for information. But every time ive phoned to inquire im told to ignore it and everything looks good.
Same timelines. June 23.2022 AOR and stuck at LPP since ages.
I was waiting for citizenship to leave the country. But have now given up and leaving whatsoever. Will return if I get an oath invitation. I’m just done with their crap management.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
They are just heartless and see us as numbers. After 19 months they will just say 'Oh your case is non routine'
Must be a relief not to deal with them anymore. Can't wait to reach the stage where I no longer have to deal with their excuses.
They are not really the decision makers, and it is probably hard to have any heart left after talking to a 100 annoyed callers a day.
They are just poorly trained, probably underpaid tired workers who will probably soon quit this job anyway to be replaced by another untrained person.
But it is a pain to call 5 times and wait 30 minutes so that you can have a useless conversation with someone who is not very competent, and sounds rather burned out already.

The officers who are processing our cases are making decisions on our files, but they also have no power to change the situation and the quotas that are forced on them. There is probably some small amount of abuse, especially with how non-transparent IRCC has become, but I suspect that most of them just do the best they can.

The problem is their upper management, or maybe the government. Somebody decided that the important measure is processing 80% of applications in 12 months, the other 20 can wait another 2-3 years, get a mandamus, reapply, or just give up.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I wonder if we can get like 10 people and then file a Mandamus together? Will more people make it faster?
That's usually not done, since the applications are individual. I heard of a group from this forum getting a group discount with some firm, but I don't think it was a major discount.
I also heard of a group mandamus for people who had a big Canadian visa stamping delay (not a citizenship application) somewhere in the middle east. According to reports that went well, but I am not sure how much you can trust them. :)

ukp90

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
who is in this group below.. waiting for LPP since march 23
Group #: 1-QWBFMBS

Created Date: 2023/06/22
Updated Date: 2023/06/22
Restricted: N
Label: General
Text: Assigned to CM28550
Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operations
Any experts here..

Reactions: Jalalcananda

IPULL

May 30, 2023
Hello all, I'm stuck too.

Office: Unknown, took test without invitation
AOR: May 5th, 2023
BG complete: June 29th, 2023
Test taken: July 10th, 2023
Test complete: July 16th, 2023
GU: July 26th, 2023

Jamoon13

Jan 12, 2023
On July 19, 2023 I had a ghost update and it showed 3 activities as new, but nothing reflected on the tracker. LPP still in progress and ceremony still not started.

SCR office.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Applicant: Single
Application sent: January 9, 2023
Delivered: January 9, 2023
AOR: January 24, 2023
Additional Information Required (Copy of expired passport): January 24, 2023
Additional Information Received by IRCC: January 25, 2023
Ghost update: March 1st, 2023
Background Check Completed: March 1, 2023, Reflected on March 2, 2023
Citizenship Test Window March 24, 2023 - April 13, 2023
Test taken March 24, 2023
Ghost update: July 19, 2023

jane66

Nov 7, 2018
Hello all, I'm stuck too.

Office: Unknown, took test without invitation
AOR: May 5th, 2023
BG complete: June 29th, 2023
Test taken: July 10th, 2023
Test complete: July 16th, 2023
GU: July 26th, 2023
You applied a few months ago, people are here waiting more than that.

IPULL

May 30, 2023
You applied a few months ago, people are here waiting more than that.
I get that, and I know I shouldn't complain but I see other ppl in the May group that are getting oath. My presents is more than 1800 days.