+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck and need help

jimjam188

Dec 10, 2018
I'm really hoping someone can assist me.
I currently live in the UK, but i have family who are Canadian citizens.
I have travelled to Canada many times and met a girl a few years ago.
My last visit was for 2 weeks in Sept 2018 and upon returning home i found out that
this girl was pregnant with my child. I have been through various websites and cannot find much on my situation.

I have a job waiting for me for next April which is when i expect to go, but i cannot acquire a work permit because i cant provide a written job offer due to it not being skilled and also a job that a Canadian could do.

Any suggestions on what i could do to at least get a visitors visa so i can be there for the birth and provide what i can would be fantastic!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm really hoping someone can assist me.
I currently live in the UK, but i have family who are Canadian citizens.
I have travelled to Canada many times and met a girl a few years ago.
My last visit was for 2 weeks in Sept 2018 and upon returning home i found out that
this girl was pregnant with my child. I have been through various websites and cannot find much on my situation.

I have a job waiting for me for next April which is when i expect to go, but i cannot acquire a work permit because i cant provide a written job offer due to it not being skilled and also a job that a Canadian could do.

Any suggestions on what i could do to at least get a visitors visa so i can be there for the birth and provide what i can would be fantastic!
I assume you are a citizen of the UK and hold a British passport. If so, then if you are the right age, you can look into the Working Holiday Visa / IEC program. If you are selected out of the pool of applicants, this would give you a two year open work permit that would allow you to work and live in Canada. Note that the program is oversubscribed - i.e. always more applicants than spaces available.

If you are not a Brit, you'll need to tell us your nationality (what passport you hold).

jimjam188

Dec 10, 2018
I assume you are a citizen of the UK and hold a British passport. If so, then if you are the right age, you can look into the Working Holiday Visa / IEC program. If you are selected out of the pool of applicants, this would give you a two year open work permit that would allow you to work and live in Canada. Note that the program is oversubscribed - i.e. always more applicants than spaces available.

If you are not a Brit, you'll need to tell us your nationality (what passport you hold).
Hi Sylla,

Yes i am a British citizen and hold a GB passport. I am 31. Could you point me in the right direction on how to apply for one of these?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Sylla,

Yes i am a British citizen and hold a GB passport. I am 31. Could you point me in the right direction on how to apply for one of these?
You're too old in that case and don't qualify. The program is only open to those up to 30 years old.

The only realistic option I see at this point is to come to Canada again as a visitor for the child's birth. Of course you won't be able to work.

If you and the mother of the child decide your relationship is serious and get married (or live together for a year to become common law), then there will be more options.

Reactions: jimjam188