+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Struck in India and need to travel back to Canada

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
Hi, I came to visit my family during the month of early march and got struck here. I am in Work permit status and want to travel back to canada ASAP.

I read through the sites and could see that canada allows Temporary workers. Does anyone has any updates on when will the airlines from India will allow Work permit holders to travel ?

giovannelucas

Sep 8, 2020
Yes, i had my family and except WP, nothing much.
@candlelight GC website states that temporary WP holders may enter Canada if normally living in Canada.
I am in the same situation you were, working in Canada with a WP but got stuck in Brazil while travelling and now I'd like to return to Canada.
Are WP holders allowed to enter Canada without a valid job offer? or Only to return upon receiving a valid job offer in Canada?
Did CSBA officers enquired about Job Offer?

Thank you

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
@candlelight GC website states that temporary WP holders may enter Canada if normally living in Canada.
I am in the same situation you were, working in Canada with a WP but got stuck in Brazil while travelling and now I'd like to return to Canada.
Are WP holders allowed to enter Canada without a valid job offer? or Only to return upon receiving a valid job offer in Canada?

Thank you
I had a job offer, so that wasn't an issue for me. Yes i had my papers for job and work that i am currently doing, so things went fine. For my spouse. they asked to show his job related papers, but not for me. I am also not sure if WP can enter without a job offer. But you can tweet or sent mail to IRCC to check if you can fly, explaining your situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you
Yes you must show that you are currently employed or have a valid job offer. Your employer can be called to verify since many businesses have shut down or the,porarily laid off employees.