+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strike not affecting TRV? Let's find out together!

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Let's find out whether the followings are true. by posting processing updates during the strike.
Source Link

"These IRCC employees are NOT on Strike: IRCC employees who occupy managerial or confidential positions excluded from the bargaining unit, working in positions designated as essential while on duty, term employees hired for a period of less than 3 months, working on a casual basis, in a student employment program, or belong to a bargaining unit NOT in a legal strike position.

However, temporary short-term hired employees will continue to work as usual. Temporary short-term employees were hired to clear the backlogs and are not part of any union.
These temporary employees mostly handle the temporary visa applications such as study visa, work visa, and visitor visa.
They are assigned 80 applications per day from different countries for temporary visas.
Permanent residency applications being more complex are handled by permanent employees, so we may see a dent in processing of such applications."

Last edited:

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
What about ci
Let's find out whether the followings are true. by posting processing updates during the strike.
Source Link

"These IRCC employees are NOT on Strike: IRCC employees who occupy managerial or confidential positions excluded from the bargaining unit, working in positions designated as essential while on duty, term employees hired for a period of less than 3 months, working on a casual basis, in a student employment program, or belong to a bargaining unit NOT in a legal strike position.

However, temporary short-term hired employees will continue to work as usual. Temporary short-term employees were hired to clear the backlogs and are not part of any union.
These temporary employees mostly handle the temporary visa applications such as study visa, work visa, and visitor visa.
They are assigned 80 applications per day from different countries for temporary visas.
Permanent residency applications being more complex are handled by permanent employees, so we may see a dent in processing of such applications."
What about citizenship applications, any information on that?

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
What about ci

What about citizenship applications, any information on that?
Citizenship applications are processed by permanent employees and affected by the strike.
Only emergency ceremony would be held while all others will be rescheduled.

This information is on IRCC website.

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Source Link

1. your link is broken, so i dont know what info is present in it. could you please re-copy and paste it?
2. Ircc is affected by strike: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/labour-disruptions.html

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
According to CBC:

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada warns that people can expect delays with applications and appointments."

msoni

Apr 19, 2023
I have applied for TRV after PGWP and my passport has been delivered to Ottawa for stamping. Would this strike impact stamping?? I am so worried as I have flight on 30th April.

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
Source Link

Yes, Visa offices outside Canada are not affected

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Yes, Visa offices outside Canada are not affected
I would not think that nationals of the countries where visa offices are located would be part of the strike. And foreign nationals do the bulk of the work at the visa offices. Nor would be the Canadians who work overseas. Nonetheless I would be very careful in making assumptions about how various types of applications might be affected.

Regarding PR applications, I can say from experience that at least two Canadian offices were involved in my wife's application, as well as the visa office in Mexico and the embassy in Havana. So exactly whom was working on it and when remains inscrutable.

As for TRVs, I don't know enough about the process to comment. My mother-in-law's tourist visa was approved expeditiously last year with minimal fuss. I have no idea who actually did the work.

My advice:

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.