+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strange refusal reasons

Hope0

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hello, I've applied at humber college for Project management graduate certificate and got accepted.

I applied for PR, i paid the whole year tuition fees, and got my parents sponsorship letter. and everything seemed to be fined but i got rejected.

When i ordered caips note, the officer said he wasn't sure i could pay my tuition fees "WHICH I ALREADY PAID IN FULL and got the receipt attached", and he said it isn't logical to apply for diploma when i have bachelor degree, eventhough i didn't apply for diploma but for GRADUATE certificate. which is a post-grad certificate.

Can anyone please advice what should i do?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello, I've applied at humber college for Project management graduate certificate and got accepted.

I applied for PR, i paid the whole year tuition fees, and got my parents sponsorship letter. and everything seemed to be fined but i got rejected.

When i ordered caips note, the officer said he wasn't sure i could pay my tuition fees "WHICH I ALREADY PAID IN FULL and got the receipt attached", and he said it isn't logical to apply for diploma when i have bachelor degree, eventhough i didn't apply for diploma but for GRADUATE certificate. which is a post-grad certificate.

Can anyone please advice what should i do?
What do you mean you applied for PR? Permanent Residency? Or does PR mean something else?

Did you show enough money for tuition as well as living costs? However, the graduate certificate is a diploma. It's a post-grad diploma, but it's still a diploma.

His point is that the course you've chosen isn't in keeping with your prior education and work experience. If you have a Bachelor's, the next step is usually a Master's

You can reapply explaining that you have do have enough money, and give a very good reason for doing a 1-year course in Project Management.

If everything is as you say, you do have a chance for getting the visa.

Reactions: myra20sharma

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
What do you mean you applied for PR? Permanent Residency? Or does PR mean something else?

Did you show enough money for tuition as well as living costs? However, the graduate certificate is a diploma. It's a post-grad diploma, but it's still a diploma.

His point is that the course you've chosen isn't in keeping with your prior education and work experience. If you have a Bachelor's, the next step is usually a Master's

You can reapply explaining that you have do have enough money, and give a very good reason for doing a 1-year course in Project Management.

I mean if that's the case then no one could get a visa for a post-grad diploma/graduate certificate. As one of the requirements for a post grad diploma is a bachelor certificate. There may be something else, or the OP could have misunderstood something.

Reactions: myra20sharma

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I mean if that's the case then no one could get a visa for a post-grad diploma/graduate certificate. As one of the requirements for a post grad diploma is a bachelor certificate. There may be something else, or the OP could have misunderstood something.
It's not just that - it's the totality of the application. Something about it didn't make sense - maybe the OP already has 5 years of Project Management experience, or has only worked in a completely unrelated field, something like that.

Of course it's possible that the officer just made a mistake. That's why the fresh application could work, the OP does sound like they have a good case.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

I have done a diploma from Canada after a bachelor's degree from back home. There's something else, the SOP wasn't explanatory or there is more to that.

And as you also asked about "PR", that's confusing for me too.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
It's not just that - it's the totality of the application. Something about it didn't make sense - maybe the OP already has 5 years of Project Management experience, or has only worked in a completely unrelated field, something like that.

Of course it's possible that the officer just made a mistake. That's why the fresh application could work, the OP does sound like they have a good case.
I am assuming OP is paraphrasing. I have seen one of these CAIPS notes from a member of this forum. I don't recall it being in such language, it would be better if OP direct quoted from the CAIPS notes.

It could be something in the application profile or a mistake. Definitely worth a re-application with SOP updated with the refusal reason.