+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

strange!lost the PR status but CIC ask me to attend the citzenship hearing???!!!

waokool

Feb 2, 2009
Hello,everyone,

I landed in Canada in 12 2000,left Canada in 5,2004,and didn't return since then. Yet I applied the citizenship before I left the country. I missed the citizenship test and the citizenship hearing also. I thought I may have no chance to get the citizenship any more. But my friend in Canada told me yesterday that CIC asked me to attend the citizenship hearing. I'm thinking if I should go there because actually I have lost the PR status. The notice for the hearing is simply a mistake or what? I don't want to go there to hear you are not qualified for the citizenship beacause your PR has been losted.

Please tell me if I still have the chance to obtain the citizenship? Thanks a lot.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The system works slowly. Maybe they do not realize that you lost your PR status. Maybe they will let you become citizen because at the time you applied for citizenship, you did qualify for it. No way to tell. You can try to contact the embassy or CIC and ask about it that way.

Leopard

Sep 28, 2008
I would suggest you obtain a travel document or the RX-1 visa and go for hearing . As leon said the time you applied for citizenship you did qualify for citizenship . The hearing is about why you missed the first test and hearing . Give it a try .

waokool

Feb 2, 2009
leon and Leopard,thank you for the advice. I want to contact the CIC, but couldn't because the 888 number only works in Canda. Do you happen to know how to contact the CIC. Thank you all.