+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strange Email by London Visa Office

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
Guys, here's an interesting situation. Either my English comprehension skills are getting poorer by the day or I'm correct in thinking that the London Visa Office has crafted a very poor email.

I have gotten my CoPR. Just to recap a little bit, my wife is supposed to have her delivery around 30th June 2017 while my CoPR mentions my visa expiry date which is 15th May 2017 (medical expiry date). I know the problems associated with this dilemma if I choose to get baby delivered in my home country so I'm not going to go into that detail.

Before I submitted my passport to local VFS office, I emailed my London Visa Office and told them that my wife has an expected due date of 30th June 2017 as the PPR email mentioned that "Change in health circumstance" needs to be mentioned to London Visa Office. That is all I mentioned. I didn't request them to extend my landing date or anything of that sort. Just an intimation of my spouse delivering on 30th June 2017. I sent this email on 10th January 2017 and submitted my passport to local VFS office on 11th January 2017.

I received my CoPR on 12th January 2017 along with the passports with the visa counterfoil stamped in them. Today (16th January 2017), I receive an email from the London Visa Office which states:

1. If you and your spouse are choosing to land after your child is born:

a. You must advise us before the birth of your child or before your visa expires (whichever date comes earliest)
b. Your visa/COPR documents will be cancelled.
c. We will request various documents, including confirmation of medical examination, for your child.
d. If the requirements are satisfied, new visa/COPR documents will be issued.

Let's assume that I'm choosing to land AFTER my child is born. Based on the email I should be advising them that I will be landing after my child is born, before 15th May 2017 as that is the earlier of the two dates. Now if my understanding of their email is correct, they will then cancel my and my spouse's visa/COPR and then request additional documents. Then they will issue me new visa/COPR documents if everything is fine.

Now the problem which the London visa Office didn't recognize in this email (or I think they didn't recognize) was that my and my spouse's medicals will also expire before the birth of my child (meaning landing date will also expire). The understanding I am getting from their email is that they can put my status on hold if I tell them I'm having my baby delivered in my home country. What they will do is then request additional documents from me. Now what are these additional documents? Does this also include new medicals for me and my spouse? If my understanding is correct, this completely contravenes the fact that Landing Dates cannot be extended at all. What the email has suggested is basically extending my landing date that has been issued, no??

I thought that the email should've said this in point 1(a)

a. You must advise us after the birth of your child and before your visa expires.

This would've cleared everything. Because then they would request new medicals of my child, cancel my existing visa/COPR and issue me a new visa/COPR.

I think they've assumed that the child is always born BEFORE the visa expires and therefore they just sent me a cookie-cutter email they send to everyone.

Please help me understand this email. I may very well be wrong in interpreting their email. Open to suggestions. By the way I do want to get my child delivered in my home country.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
CIC doesn't care when your child will be born. They only care if you do your landing after the visa date or the change in your family composition.

Your reasoning got confused. If you need to inform them (after the birth of your child (June 30) AND before your visa expires (May 15)), this condition will never become true. For the AND condition to be true, both statement must be true. There is no date that can satisfied after June 30 but before May 15. The OR is the correct operation in this case.

Therefore, when your child is born before your landing, you need to inform them OR when you want to land after your visa expire, you need to inform them.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You missed THE most important phrase " (whichever date comes earliest)". So you must inform them of your intentions BEFORE your visa expires. The only way there could be another interpretation would be if your baby was born prematurely before 15 May, then you would have to inform them of the birth.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Shariq,

I am in almost similar situation as yours. My wife's due date in 29th March 2018 and my COPR expires on 15th Jan 2018. In this case, either we move to Canada ASAP and later deliver the baby there or request CIC to extend our COPR by some months. I would like to do the latter.

Could you advise what eventually you did and how the process happend and if they extended your COPR based on the medical situation. Appreciate your help

rohitcem

Feb 11, 2019
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
Hello Shariq,

I am in almost similar situation as yours. My wife's due date in 29th March 2018 and my COPR expires on 15th Jan 2018. In this case, either we move to Canada ASAP and later deliver the baby there or request CIC to extend our COPR by some months. I would like to do the latter.

Could you advise what eventually you did and how the process happend and if they extended your COPR based on the medical situation. Appreciate your help
SO HOW DID U PROCEED. I AM IN SIMILAR SITUATION AND SEEKING GUIDANCE