+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Story of SOWP: Applied-Refusal-and finally Approved!!

runkkk

May 8, 2015
All,

I would like to share a story regarding my spouse's open work permit application. We applied and first it was rejected, but finally approved!! It's a long story, but I think this might can give some idea who may have
experienced or will experience (hopefully not!!).

Here's the story:

1. Myself hold PGWP valid until Oct. 2017. My spouse used to hold OWP based on my study permit,but it should be renewed once after I get my PGWP.
2. He applied to renew OWP based on my status about 2 months before it expires and there was no message about 4 months.
3. In October, he got a message from CIC that a medical exam report must be submitted within in 30 days period (Oct. 6th, 2015), so we booked and completed a medical exam on Oct. 18th, 2015.
4. A day later, CIC send an update email that his application is refused because he didn't complete a medical request from CIC. This totally doesn't make sense because he was still in 30 days time period!!
5. Called CIC call center, but the answer was nothing. Keep saying that his application is refused by visa center because he didn't finish a medical exam. And also mention that CIC will not re-open his case
once after they closed it as 'Refusal'. What a disappointment!! :mad:

6. Share a story with his current employer who has quite good expert regarding immigration issue as well as knows MP and immigration officer in town. They arranged a meeting with MP and immigration office
the next day. He went there bring all documents and explained the situation. MP and immigration officer promised to find a solution.
7. About 6 days (business day) later, a local immigration officer informed that CIC will re-open the case and do an investigation about his application (Somewhat worked!!).
8. About 3 days later, CIC informed that his application is 'APPROVED'. No specific explanation what was wrong, but anyway..the problem solved!! ;D
9. Now he is waiting for his new OWP!!

I can say it now, but since after Oct. 20th was a horrible time for us because there was no particular way to figure out what was really going on at CIC side. What I would like to suggest is, if you have any problem
with your visa application, you should inform to your current employer and ask for a help. They may can arrange a meeting with someone like MP or immigration officer in your location. And never try to find a
solution or information from CIC call center. They cannot give any answer and every time they gave a wrong answer regarding my case.

The best way is, discuss with your employer. :)

udayaji

Aug 26, 2018
Great !!!. I have applied for the OWP for my wife. It is refused and have contacted Delhi immigration. Based on their suggestion, I have sent an email with all the relevant documents. Since, I have raised CSE with added documents and I thought there is a chance of missing those documents while evaluating my application. Hopefully waiting for the reply. Do you have any other better option for that?.