N/A
Passport Req..
10/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
18/09/2012
LANDED..........
Soon...
Welcome to all the forum members reading this:

I have been a silent member on this forum for the past 6 years. I have read all the posts of elite members like qorax, saki, hmpk, leon, and many members old or new. For the first time, i am writing about my immigration application sent to CIC for any logical input or suggestions.

I got an AEO in December 2008 from a Canada company and my employer suggested me to apply for immigration. My application for immigration was sent in June 2009 and received confimation in July 2009. After a long wait, I was asked for further documentation with landing fees and Police clearances in May 2010. I supplied all the documentation and police clearances to them by August 2010 with landing fees. In the process, I was blessed with a baby boy and updated the documents and fees for him. After another long wait, in May 2011 CIC requested for two more police clearance which they had lost. I provided them with those clearances in July 2011. After going through all this, yet I have not been asked for the Medicals or passport request. It has been 3 years now of waiting and I would like to know if this process is normal? The medicals have not arrived yet. I have e-mailed CIC for any update, but no further correspondence has arrived. My application has been in process since October 2009 but slowly progressed to what stage I do not know. Most applicants recieved the medical request but I have not.

Of course, things do not come easy to me as that is the story of my life. But my case has been very different than most people who have written about their endeavours in the immigration process. Initially, I had applied to sydney, nova scotia and my application was transferred to the London VO.

My questions; Is this a normal process? Most people received medicals before the request for police clearances, how come I am different? No one can tell me the time it will take, but what is the next step I am waiting for?

Any input from any forum member is highly appreciated. I support all the applicants who are waiting in the queue for so long and advise all the applicants keep patience as I have for the past 3 years.

Whatever happens with my case, I am thanking everyone in this forum for their countless suggestions, stories, or difficulties. It shows how numerous people can make a difference in society to reach a common goal.

Regards,

Daniel

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daniel123 said:
Welcome to all the forum members reading this:
I have been a silent member on this forum for the past 6 years. I have read all the posts of elite members like qorax, saki, hmpk, leon, and many members old or new.
My questions; Is this a normal process? Most people received medicals before the request for police clearances, how come I am different? No one can tell me the time it will take, but what is the next step I am waiting for?
Regards,
Daniel
Hi, Daniel,
Thank you for your comments.
You haven’t mentioned your NOC, many applicants are in the same situation. It is normal process (but lengthy process for pre June applicant). The reason of delay as you mentioned new born baby, missing Police Clearing Certificate etc.. At this point no one can predict the exact time. May you can expect the Medical & Passport request soon (within few months). Your case and you are not different than other applicant. However, your circumstances are little bit different which has delayed your next process. Keep praying and hope for good.

Wish you good luck

Regards,

hmisabpk

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking at your earlier posts, I see you are in Saudi Arabia so in that case, it was normal for your application to be sent to the London VO as they are responsible for FSW applications from Saudi Arabia.

If you look at the processing time in London at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp#europe it says 23 months. Your case arrived in London I assume in July 2009 so you now have more than 23 months. However, I have heard about London that they process their British applications much faster than the applications they are responsible for from other countries. This may be because the background checks take longer for those countries.

I am sure in your case like hmisabpk already mentioned that it did not speed up your application that you had to add your baby or that they lost or had to re-request 2 police clearances (they might not have been lost but they might have wanted them renewed because of the long processing time).

There is unfortunately nothing you can do to speed up your application. You can order your CAIPS notes if you want to know what is going on but it might not tell you anything worthwhile, just that it is being processed. If you are still in touch with your employer, you can ask him to have a talk with his MP to push your case. Sometimes that helps.