+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still Waiting for Passport request - Please add your case here

timbo

Jun 20, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am an October 2012 applicant and here's my current situation.

1) Submitted my application on October 2012
2) AOR Received December 11, 2012
3) Medical Request June 5, 2013
4) Bio Data, RPRF Request June 10, 2013 - Submitted the same day
5) Medicals uploaded to EMedicals system from the Doctor's office June 14, 2013
6) E-Cas System Updated to "Medicals results have been received" June 20, 2013
7) E-Cas System Updated to "Decision Made" June 22, 2013

We received your application for permanent residence on October 22, 2012.
We started processing your application on June 4, 2013.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

[tr][td]

I have yet to receive my passport request. Long story short, I've emailed Ottawa about the status and this is what I received as a response

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is currently in queue to be finalized. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application.

If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned using this envelope. If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned to you by regular mail.

Regards,

[tr][td]

I haven't even sent them the copy of my passport and on the letter they're saying my passport will be returned using an envelop I've returned. I'm really confused. ???

Is it because I'm from a visa exempt country? Please advise. Thanks!

cecapp369

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
22-09-2013
Re: Still Waiting for Passport request

No Worries Timbo ... I'm with you. Same situation in my case too.

In your case, it was updated on June 22, but mine was updated on Jun 07. I am still waiting.
I have sent them mail asking if they sent any communication about the decision that has been made and very interestingly I received the same reply ( to be finalized, Xpresspost envelope blah blah).

Dont get confused with their e mail reply. They are using some standard templates(Pre composed) while replying our question. If you thoroughly see your e mail, you will realize that the email is very generic and you will not see any of your details in it. ( like addressing your name, or UCI ID etc).

Just wait for PPR mail. You will get soon.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
timbo said:
Hello everyone,

5) Medicals sent to Ecas system from the Doctor's office June 14, 2013

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

[tr][td]

I have yet to receive my passport request. Long story short, I've emailed Ottawa about the status and this is what I received as a response

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is currently in queue to be finalized. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application.

If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned using this envelope. If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned to you by regular mail.

Regards,

[tr][td]

I haven't even sent them the copy of my passport and on the letter they're saying my passport will be returned using an envelop I've returned. I'm really confused. ???

You can add your case here.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-ppr-after-medicals-add-your-case-here-t152280.0.html

aa001

Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Doc's Request.
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
17-07-2012
Med's Request
06-03-2013
Med's Done....
09-03-2013
Passport Req..
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
In same situation my ecase updated to decision made on 27th May 2013 and when contact CIC after 2 weeks got the following email on 12th June

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is currently in queue to be finalized. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required
for your application.

Regards,

timbo said:
Hello everyone,

[tr][td]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards,

[tr][td]

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
timbo said:
Hello everyone,

[tr][td]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards,

[tr][td]

Wait, you are October applicant? You should be glad that you got that Decision Made status. Many of Aug/Sep applicants are waiting for Medical Request let alone decision made status. Since you are from visaexmept country, i guess you will get your COPR directly - or perhaps they will ask for scanned copy of your passport / biodata before they send COPR. In either, you are pretty close to finish line. Hang on a bit.

timbo

Jun 20, 2013
Re: Still Waiting for Passport request

cecapp369 said:
No Worries Timbo ... I'm with you. Same situation in my case too.

In your case, it was updated on June 22, but mine was updated on Jun 07. I am still waiting.
I have sent them mail asking if they sent any communication about the decision that has been made and very interestingly I received the same reply ( to be finalized, Xpresspost envelope blah blah).

Dont get confused with their e mail reply. They are using some standard templates(Pre composed) while replying our question. If you thoroughly see your e mail, you will realize that the email is very generic and you will not see any of your details in it. ( like addressing your name, or UCI ID etc).

Just wait for PPR mail. You will get soon.
Hey cecapp369,

Yours was updated June 7th and you're still waiting eh? I didn't really mind the wait before but this time it's really brutal especially because I know it's coming. I've requested my GCMS file about 3 weeks ago as well so I'll be interested to see what's on there.

Anyways, Good luck to you Cecapp369!!

@aa001: Good luck to you too! I can't believe yours updated in May and still waiting.

timbo

Jun 20, 2013
InfoSeeker12 said:
Wait, you are October applicant? You should be glad that you got that Decision Made status. Many of Aug/Sep applicants are waiting for Medical Request let alone decision made status. Since you are from visaexmept country, i guess you will get your COPR directly - or perhaps they will ask for scanned copy of your passport / biodata before they send COPR. In either, you are pretty close to finish line. Hang on a bit.
Thanks, InfoSeeker12

I did end up talking to couple of people that were in the same situation before and confirmed that if you are from a visa exempt country, you get your COPR directly assuming that you've included a photo copy of your passport within your original application. Now, this wasn't always true so I don't really know what I'm expecting at this point. Anyways, Thanks for the info and good luck on your case as well!