+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still no reply about Work Permit

cal31

Feb 16, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Just want to clarify something about the open work permit application when sent with the inland PR application.

Does it take exactly 3 months to get the open work permit (if approved)? Can it sometimes be more than 3 months? I have been waiting 2 months and 3 weeks now and still no emails or update on my online account. It just says "Processing" I have spoken to my other friends who applied for theirs around the same time as mine and they have them already, so im not sure why mine is taking so long. (I applied for mine within Canada too)

If it has been nearly 3 months and they haven't sent it back is that normally a good sign? Im guessing if there was something wrong they would of sent it back earlier right? Is that normally what happens?

Getting anxious about this but would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Just want to clarify something about the open work permit application when sent with the inland PR application.

Does it take exactly 3 months to get the open work permit (if approved)? Can it sometimes be more than 3 months? I have been waiting 2 months and 3 weeks now and still no emails or update on my online account. It just says "Processing" I have spoken to my other friends who applied for theirs around the same time as mine and they have them already, so im not sure why mine is taking so long. (I applied for mine within Canada too)

If it has been nearly 3 months and they haven't sent it back is that normally a good sign? Im guessing if there was something wrong they would of sent it back earlier right? Is that normally what happens?

Getting anxious about this but would appreciate any advice.

Thank you
No. The average is around 4 actually, not 3, but there's no set timeline.

Reactions: scylla