+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still No PR Card

sycater

Dec 7, 2012
Hi,

I received the PR exactly 2 months ago through experience class. In the online application it was saying that I needed to go for a final interview which was in Ottawa for the finalization of my process. The officer there asked a few questions and then granted me the CoPR. They also took my address which was already in their system and said they would email my PR card.

Now 60 days passed and I am yet to receive my card. What is the process to let them know that I have never received it. There might have been a problem and I was planning to go out of Canada for a trip but this problem occured.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Did you not notice that Canada post is still being hit by strikes and there is a massive backlog of mail ? This could be the reason why your card is delayed so nothing you can really do but be patient. Cards are not emailed by the way but are mailed via normal post so assume that was a typo.

No harm in calling IRCC if you can get through

Last edited:

Bittboy34

Jul 6, 2017
I sponsored my Mom here and She became PR on May 22 and received her PR card on November 21. So it took almost 6 months for her. Some folks get it fast, others wait much longer. Life will teach you to accept many facets of patience, all the best!