Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
I'm surprised that it took so long for yours, usually passports that have been sent to visa offices outside Canada is much faster. I sent my passport to Ottawa end of last month, and I'm still hearing nothing, not even approval on my CIC account. It's been 27 days. My passport has been in queue for printing since July 12th. An agent from call centre told me that this wait time to get COPR is counted into the 6 months PR processing time. They won't/can't do anything before it reaches 6 months. It'd be ridiculous to waiting for passport stamping for over a month!!!
Mine has been at SGVO for 21 days.
NDVO is the fastest at the moment from what I noticed in immitracker-average COPR received with passports in 11 days (with a minor standard deviation).

Reactions: argieargie

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
Hey guys,

I got my CIC account updated today with 'approved'! I'm so relieved! :)
Who knows that the email I sent them yesterday pushed them a little bit... Anyways, they even replied saying that COPR has been issued, and will be returned to the address I specified. Hopefully they won't mess around with Fedex now lol. They didn't send me any instructions about it. Would you advise me to arrange a pickup for end of next week if I don't see the tracker activated? As in a previous email they had told me I should arrange the pickup myself.
I just can't wait to have this COPR in my hands now, hope it won't be another long wait haha.

Reactions: argieargie

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hey guys,

I got my CIC account updated today with 'approved'! I'm so relieved! :)
Who knows that the email I sent them yesterday pushed them a little bit... Anyways, they even replied saying that COPR has been issued, and will be returned to the address I specified. Hopefully they won't mess around with Fedex now lol. They didn't send me any instructions about it. Would you advise me to arrange a pickup for end of next week if I don't see the tracker activated? As in a previous email they had told me I should arrange the pickup myself.
I just can't wait to have this COPR in my hands now, hope it won't be another long wait haha.

Congrats ,,,,

Reactions: Maryfra

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hi Maryfra,
Thank you, I'm sure you will receive yours very soon as well! :)
My status has been changed to approved today and i also received the acknowledgement letter for issuance of COPR in MyCIC.

Has you passports moved out of Visa office yet?

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
Hi Maryfra,

My status has been changed to approved today and i also received the acknowledgement letter for issuance of COPR in MyCIC.

Has you passports moved out of Visa office yet?
Hi Harman, congrats!

Sydney emailed me today in the morning that my visa was ready for collection at reception, and that I would need to arrange the Fedex pickup.
Seemed easy, but wait, I couldn't really do it from the UK...tried with online chat, on the phone, email, everything, I spoke with Mailboxes and asked to do it for me, as they're the account owners but no success on their part either. Then I called Fedex Australia, and I went through the same crap. In the end they told me to try again in the morning and have account number ready, which I could sneakily obtain from a very kind online representative, after about 10 calls. I'll try contacting them in a couple of hours, when the customer service opens and see if I can do anything. I'm really really worried and pissed off at Sydney, for not arranging this for me. Fedex told me that since Sydney is the shipper of the return envelope they would only have to give them a quick call and say "come and get my package", all they need is the tracking number on the package, which they've already got.
I'm very annoyed because Ottawa and other VOs arrange pickups for applicants, and it seems Sydney doesn't care at all. Come on, I already went through the hassle of sending a package from UK, prepaid everything (spent like 50 pounds for sending it off, and will spend another 50 when it comes back) and followed the instructions carefully. I really don't understand. I hope that in your case everything goes smoothly, but if you chose a courier like you said, chances are they're not gonna arrange a pickup for you, they're gonna sit there with your package on the table and not move a finger.
If I can't sort it later on the phone, I'll call up the Consulate, and try and convince them to spend two minutes on the phone with Fedex. I'm gonna be charged for the pickup as well, so I don't really understand what their problem is!
Sorry for the ranting, I'm just so frustrated, when I thought the worst had passed...:-(

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hi Harman, congrats!

Sydney emailed me today in the morning that my visa was ready for collection at reception, and that I would need to arrange the Fedex pickup.
Seemed easy, but wait, I couldn't really do it from the UK...tried with online chat, on the phone, email, everything, I spoke with Mailboxes and asked to do it for me, as they're the account owners but no success on their part either. Then I called Fedex Australia, and I went through the same crap. In the end they told me to try again in the morning and have account number ready, which I could sneakily obtain from a very kind online representative, after about 10 calls. I'll try contacting them in a couple of hours, when the customer service opens and see if I can do anything. I'm really really worried and pissed off at Sydney, for not arranging this for me. Fedex told me that since Sydney is the shipper of the return envelope they would only have to give them a quick call and say "come and get my package", all they need is the tracking number on the package, which they've already got.
I'm very annoyed because Ottawa and other VOs arrange pickups for applicants, and it seems Sydney doesn't care at all. Come on, I already went through the hassle of sending a package from UK, prepaid everything (spent like 50 pounds for sending it off, and will spend another 50 when it comes back) and followed the instructions carefully. I really don't understand. I hope that in your case everything goes smoothly, but if you chose a courier like you said, chances are they're not gonna arrange a pickup for you, they're gonna sit there with your package on the table and not move a finger.
If I can't sort it later on the phone, I'll call up the Consulate, and try and convince them to spend two minutes on the phone with Fedex. I'm gonna be charged for the pickup as well, so I don't really understand what their problem is!
Sorry for the ranting, I'm just so frustrated, when I thought the worst had passed...:-(

I dont know why IRCC does that . Visa processing centres are the best option if they are close .

My case is quite easy. IRCC has sent email direct to DHL to pick up the delivery as DHL put their own details in passport dispatch instruction form.
DHL reps just told me that they will pick it up today or tommorow and deliver to mein by friday...

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
I dont know why IRCC does that . Visa processing centres are the best option if they are close .

My case is quite easy. IRCC has sent email direct to DHL to pick up the delivery as DHL put their own details in passport dispatch instruction form.
DHL reps just told me that they will pick it up today or tommorow and deliver to mein by friday...
Good job! :) Luckily last night I was able to schedule a pickup over the phone with Fedex Australia, so my package has been collected and I can see in my tracking that it's in transit already, I was told by customer service 5 minutes ago that it has left Australia. Hurray lol. I should receive it here in the UK on Friday as well, according to the tracking. Can't wait to touch that piece of paper lol, and make travel arrangements to Canada soon!

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Good job! :) Luckily last night I was able to schedule a pickup over the phone with Fedex Australia, so my package has been collected and I can see in my tracking that it's in transit already, I was told by customer service 5 minutes ago that it has left Australia. Hurray lol. I should receive it here in the UK on Friday as well, according to the tracking. Can't wait to touch that piece of paper lol, and make travel arrangements to Canada soon!

Good news,,,

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Received my COPR today, so relieved. They left a letter out of my boyfriend's place of birth, but i'm sure it won't be a problem at the border. I'm certainly not reporting it at this point, as they will take AGES to fix it lol.

Me too recived today........

Wish you an amazing life in Canada....

Anywhey which city you are moving to ??

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
Me too recived today........

Wish you an amazing life in Canada....

Anywhey which city you are moving to ??
Congrats, and thank you, you too!

I'm planning to land in Toronto, and then try settling in Windsor, ON, just because both my boyfriend and I will land without a job, so we want to spend little money on rent at the beginning. Depending on how it goes in Windsor for jobs, we might make the move to Toronto in the following months or maybe not. We also like the proximity to Detroit, which I think very convenient. And you, where are you going to settle?

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Congrats, and thank you, you too!

I'm planning to land in Toronto, and then try settling in Windsor, ON, just because both my boyfriend and I will land without a job, so we want to spend little money on rent at the beginning. Depending on how it goes in Windsor for jobs, we might make the move to Toronto in the following months or maybe not. We also like the proximity to Detroit, which I think very convenient. And you, where are you going to settle?
Not far from you,,,,,, i am going to stay in missisauga . My family and very close freinds live there..

Kris233

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hi Guys, just got my PPR through London VO.
Application still says Background check is still in progress, where on CIC's website do you upload the copy of your passport?

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hi Guys, just got my PPR through London VO.
Application still says Background check is still in progress, where on CIC's website do you upload the copy of your passport?

Once your COPR is issued, it will change to completed. And application status to approved.

Congrats