+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still no COPR after PPR - more than 1 month wait

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
Hi guys,
can someone share their experiences and/or shed some light on the length of time it takes from PPR to COPR? I received my PPR on June 28, Sydney (AU) VO received all my documents on July 5, and it's now been a month since the date of my PPR email, and still nothing.
Has anyone been waiting this long as well? Is there a maximum processing time on their part or they can take as long as they like to issue COPR? How long should I wait to contact them and ask them about my status?
This wait is killing my nerves lol.
Look forward to your comments, and it would be nice to see if there's anyone in my same situation, so as to calm down a bit, and not seeing this as unusual and worrying.
Thank you! :)

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hi there,
I am in the same boat.They received my documents on 12th july.

I have sent them an email on 21st july about the processing time and they said it would take few weeks as they are very busy at the moment.

probably you will get passports back next week.

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
Hi there,
I am in the same boat.They received my documents on 12th july.

I have sent them an email on 21st july about the processing time and they said it would take few weeks as they are very busy at the moment.

probably you will get passports back next week.
Thank you Harman, I noticed in your timeline your VO is Sydney as well. So would you advise me to write to them or just wait? It's such a shame there's no official timeline after PPR, and that we're just condemned to wait lol. I thought Sydney was one of the least busy VOs, but I guess i was wrong.

What method did you choose for shipping? I chose Fedex for reliability and fast service, used a Mailboxes office to ship everything from the UK (as I didn't want to make mistakes), I was concerned since the name of the sender would be the guy who owns the Mailboxes shop, buy my name appears on the prepaid return envelope, so I guess it should be fine? Until your reply saying they're busy i was even imagining scenarios where they didn't open a package if they didn't recognize the sender, but I'm sure they open all the post they receive...literally I'm getting paranoid lol, I can't wait to have this piece of paper back!

Last edited:

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Thank you Harman, I noticed in your timeline your VO is Sydney as well. So would you advise me to write to them or just wait? It's such a shame there's no official timeline after PPR, and that we're just condemned to wait lol. I thought Sydney was one of the least busy VOs, but I guess i was wrong.

What method did you choose for shipping? I chose Fedex for reliability and fast service, used a Mailboxes office to ship everything from the UK (as I didn't want to make mistakes), I was concerned since the name of the sender would be the guy who owns the Mailboxes shop, buy my name appears on the prepaid return envelope, so I guess it should be fine? Until your reply saying they're busy i was even imagining scenarios where they didn't open a package if they didn't recognize the sender, but I'm sure they open all the post they receive...literally I'm getting paranoid lol, I can't wait to have this piece of paper back!

Hi,

yes defiantly send them an email and ask for your application status. Coz Australia is the only Visa office for around 20 countries, thats why they are taking more time then others.

I have sent my passport through Pacnsend ( they are customer of DHL and all shipment is going to happen through DHL) . They operates in Both Australia and New Zealand. They have added details of mine on all envelops ( including return)and other documents except the part where you need to add courier name , client number and account number etc in dispatching instruction forms.

When IRCC receive PPs , first thing they check is completion of documents and then they put it in the Que. I don't think sender name is an issue.

let me know once you receive any update

Thanks

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
Hi,

yes defiantly send them an email and ask for your application status. Coz Australia is the only Visa office for around 20 countries, thats why they are taking more time then others.

I have sent my passport through Pacnsend ( they are customer of DHL and all shipment is going to happen through DHL) . They operates in Both Australia and New Zealand. They have added details of mine on all envelops ( including return)and other documents except the part where you need to add courier name , client number and account number etc in dispatching instruction forms.

When IRCC receive PPs , first thing they check is completion of documents and then they put it in the Que. I don't think sender name is an issue.

let me know once you receive any update

Thanks
Yeah, I sent them an email an hour ago, was tempted to put 'urgent' in the subject but then I didn't. Will certainly do next week in case I don't get any updates/reply though lol.

You're right, I hadn't considered that. Still, the number of applications they get should be considerably lower than offices such as New Dehli or Ottawa...but oh well, we'll hopefully know something by next week!

I see, yeah the same for me, account number and client number wouldn't be in my name, but I guess there shouldn't be any problem as long as we appear as receivers in the return envelope, and everything is all paid for. You know what? They had emailed me very early on (just after PPR) saying that they won't arrange Fedex pickup for me (even if it doesn't cost them anything, as I get charged for all expenses), so once COPR is ready I will have to arrange it with Fedex from here (UK!). Seems like they want to do as little as possible, not a problem so I can have more control over the shipping, but still, I'm sure you see my point (as most VOs arrange pickup for you).

kaegon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi guys,
can someone share their experiences and/or shed some light on the length of time it takes from PPR to COPR? I received my PPR on June 28, Sydney (AU) VO received all my documents on July 5, and it's now been a month since the date of my PPR email, and still nothing.
Has anyone been waiting this long as well? Is there a maximum processing time on their part or they can take as long as they like to issue COPR? How long should I wait to contact them and ask them about my status?
This wait is killing my nerves lol.
Look forward to your comments, and it would be nice to see if there's anyone in my same situation, so as to calm down a bit, and not seeing this as unusual and worrying.
Thank you! :)

please what category is fsw-outland? i dont understand

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
I'm surprised that it took so long for yours, usually passports that have been sent to visa offices outside Canada is much faster. I sent my passport to Ottawa end of last month, and I'm still hearing nothing, not even approval on my CIC account. It's been 27 days. My passport has been in queue for printing since July 12th. An agent from call centre told me that this wait time to get COPR is counted into the 6 months PR processing time. They won't/can't do anything before it reaches 6 months. It'd be ridiculous to waiting for passport stamping for over a month!!!

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
I'm surprised that it took so long for yours, usually passports that have been sent to visa offices outside Canada is much faster. I sent my passport to Ottawa end of last month, and I'm still hearing nothing, not even approval on my CIC account. It's been 27 days. My passport has been in queue for printing since July 12th. An agent from call centre told me that this wait time to get COPR is counted into the 6 months PR processing time. They won't/can't do anything before it reaches 6 months. It'd be ridiculous to waiting for passport stamping for over a month!!!
I know, it's ridiculous! I thought the worst part was waiting for PPR, but this wait beats it, as there's no official timeframe, and you don't know when to expect it. I browsed through all the forum for people with similar experiences, seems like the max waiting time has been 8 weeks to get COPR, but can you imagine waiting that long? I hope it won't be my case or yours! At least, your passport is in Ottawa and there's more communication from their office, so that's good! Keep us all updated when you hear anything :)

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
I know, it's ridiculous! I thought the worst part was waiting for PPR, but this wait beats it, as there's no official timeframe, and you don't know when to expect it. I browsed through all the forum for people with similar experiences, seems like the max waiting time has been 8 weeks to get COPR, but can you imagine waiting that long? I hope it won't be my case or yours! At least, your passport is in Ottawa and there's more communication from their office, so that's good! Keep us all updated when you hear anything :)
Omg I can't wait 8 weeks for that! The most annoying part is that I see people who sent passports after me already received their COPRs! Anyways, hoping the best for us! I'll keep you posted!

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017
Omg I can't wait 8 weeks for that! The most annoying part is that I see people who sent passports after me already received their COPRs! Anyways, hoping the best for us! I'll keep you posted!
Don't tell me lol, some people just took 2-3 days to get their COPR, even from offices as busy as Delhi. It's so annoying, as I can't really make any travel arrangements until I get it, and there's always a level of uncertainty in a way! I'm hoping to land mid September, fingers crossed!

Yes, please do, I'll post as soon as I got some news as well!

Reactions: argieargie

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
  1. Yeah, I sent them an email an hour ago, was tempted to put 'urgent' in the subject but then I didn't. Will certainly do next week in case I don't get any updates/reply though lol.

You're right, I hadn't considered that. Still, the number of applications they get should be considerably lower than offices such as New Dehli or Ottawa...but oh well, we'll hopefully know something by next week!

I see, yeah the same for me, account number and client number wouldn't be in my name, but I guess there shouldn't be any problem as long as we appear as receivers in the return envelope, and everything is all paid for. You know what? They had emailed me very early on (just after PPR) saying that they won't arrange Fedex pickup for me (even if it doesn't cost them anything, as I get charged for all expenses), so once COPR is ready I will have to arrange it with Fedex from here (UK!). Seems like they want to do as little as possible, not a problem so I can have more control over the shipping, but still, I'm sure you see my point (as most VOs arrange pickup for you).

If you are in uk, why dont you ask them to change visa office to london.
    That way you would have easy courier options amd probably faster pocessing of COPR.

Maryfra

Feb 16, 2017

1. If you are in uk, why dont you ask them to change visa office to london.
    That way you would have easy courier options amd probably faster pocessing of COPR.
I thought of doing that, but I read of people getting a reply 2-3 weeks later, so I thought it would be faster overall not to ask for a vo change. Also London UK is just as busy... I figured that with Fedex it was going to be alright, and the shipping was actually super fast, I just didnt imagine it would take them so so long for issuing this last piece of paper.
Let's stick it out there though, we should see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon!

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
I thought of doing that, but I read of people getting a reply 2-3 weeks later, so I thought it would be faster overall not to ask for a vo change. Also London UK is just as busy... I figured that with Fedex it was going to be alright, and the shipping was actually super fast, I just didnt imagine it would take them so so long for issuing this last piece of paper.
Let's stick it out there though, we should see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon!

Yes sure,,,, this whole EE processs gives us a great deal of patience and i am not bothered with few extra weeks now.

Reactions: Maryfra