+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after receiving letter for PR portal

foxonefoxone

Dec 21, 2019
Hi

In a bit of a confused position, I received the letter on my email to register for the PR portal, and I did that around Sept 25. I have not heard of any update, or received any information thereafter. How do I get my card/ SIN etc.
I am wondering what the next steps are as I have no idea.

Would appreciate any help

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi

In a bit of a confused position, I received the letter on my email to register for the PR portal, and I did that around Sept 25. I have not heard of any update, or received any information thereafter. How do I get my card/ SIN etc.
I am wondering what the next steps are as I have no idea.

Would appreciate any help
You have to log in to that portal with the details sent by IRCC and fill the details and then you will get an email saying eCOPR is ready to download, you download it, sign it and then take it to Service Canada to get SIN. After a while you will get PR like in 15 days to 1.5 month.

Cynthiaallen

Nov 7, 2022
Once IRCC accepts your photo it will show in the portal and your PR card should be issued. IRCC says that you should receive your PR card within one week. In the portal you will also be able to access your proof or permanent residency status to use before your PR card arrives.
Prepaid Gift Balance

Last edited: