+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after PPR & passport submission?

manlo005

May 15, 2024
I dropped off my passport at VFS on 23April and on 25April it reached IRCC.
Almost 3 weeks and no update yet, do we have any way to track it or will calling IRCC make any difference.

emalexk

May 12, 2024
Next steps, you will have to a book an appointment with VFS. Use the link in RFV mail for that.

Documents needed:
1. Photographs (carefully read dimensions) with no editing on your body (face, hair, etc) and address of the studio + date the photo was taken + one more info that I can't recall on the back of photo.
2. Eye color and other details aren't asked by IRCC these days. But I still wrote mine on a A4 sized whitepaper (just in case) and sent along with my application.
3. You need as many prints of the RFV email as there are applicants. For example, if you got a dependent - each application will get a RFV printed copy.
4. There are consent forms to attach.

If there are two people in your application in total, there'll be two envelopes. Either book an appointment on VFS to drop your application in person select a two way courier service. While selecting anything, the process is similar to BIL. Select the number of applicants and that should be it.

The email is very self explanatory in the next steps. I'd suggest you read it again in case I missed something.
This is not totally accurate, the email specifically states place all documents in one envelope.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
This is not totally accurate, the email specifically states place all documents in one envelope.
Are you saying all documents for all applicants in the same envelope? I haven't seen a VFS email requesting email in that format yet, I'm curious. Could be a local thing with your country's VFS too.