+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after PPR (passport request) - how to get PR visa stamped

CA_CEC

Aug 13, 2012
Good news for all...
I received "PR visitor visa" duly stamped on passports along with "CPR/ COPR". The time line is for 1 year from original mail from CIC for medical test.
Best part is - I submitted all the passports at VFS office and in 6 weeks I got it back with all documentation done. Hence no hassle or risk of sending passport to Canada which is illegal too.
My honest suggestion for "PR Visit visa" and "CPR/ COPR" - if you are in India, you must go to nearest VFS office and get it done. They charge Rs.400 per passport for processing.
All the best!

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
CA_CEC said:
Good news for all...
I received "PR visitor visa" duly stamped on passports along with "CPR/ COPR". The time line is for 1 year from original mail from CIC for medical test.
Best part is - I submitted all the passports at VFS office and in 6 weeks I got it back with all documentation done. Hence no hassle or risk of sending passport to Canada which is illegal too.
My honest suggestion for "PR Visit visa" and "CPR/ COPR" - if you are in India, you must go to nearest VFS office and get it done. They charge Rs.400 per passport for processing.
All the best!
Congrats! Happy for you!
So you have a visa valid for another 10 months!

CA_CEC

Aug 13, 2012
Thanks .. yes .. now I have a visa till mid July'14.
I missed another pt regd VFS - before going to them I called them couple of times and got confused input. One told that I can submit passport to VFS for "PR visit visa" but another guy told that I need exclusive mail from CIC that I can submit passport to VFS. I wrote mail to CIC but when I did not get any response from CIC, I searched CIC website and there it is clearly mentioned that for "PR Visit visa" one should submit passport to VFS offices in India. I went to VFS office in Kolkata and they took my passports without any fuss and couple of days back (after around 6 weeks), I received my passport with visa stamped and CPR/ COPR.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
CA_CEC said:
I missed another pt regd VFS - before going to them I called them couple of times and got confused input. One told that I can submit passport to VFS for "PR visit visa" but another guy told that I need exclusive mail from CIC that I can submit passport to VFS. I wrote mail to CIC but when I did not get any response from CIC, I searched CIC website and there it is clearly mentioned that for "PR Visit visa" one should submit passport to VFS offices in India. I went to VFS office in Kolkata and they took my passports without any fuss and couple of days back (after around 6 weeks), I received my passport with visa stamped and CPR/ COPR.
thanks for this additional information. Could you please share the link for the process you went through along with the list of documents to be submitted? Also please share the CIC link where it is mentioned that the passports can be submitted in India.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
CA_CEC said:
Did you not receive an email from CIC asking you to submit your passports at VFS in India ?

adonis999

Aug 20, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 28,2012
AOR Received.
Feb 12,2012
Med's Request
Oct 30,2013
Med's Done....
Nov 07,2013
Passport Req..
Dec 02,2013
Hi

I am also in a similar situation. I am waiting for some communication from the CIC to submit the passports in India.

Reading this thread I am a bit confused if you need confirmation from CIC before you can submit it at VFS office. I thought its required. I know few people have done the same. Can other share if they had a similar experience.

Thanks

rocky12

Nov 27, 2013
hi
i got ppr request on 3 jan2014 and i was also in india but i have to submit passport in canada so i aplied visitor visa in india saying the reason but they rejected my visa saying purpose of visit i mention. so now i m trying to send my passport to canada through some friend, please tell me that rejection in visa ,will it make any effect on my decision made in pr
really nervous

dsrinivas77

Apr 1, 2014
adonis999 said:
Hi

I am also in a similar situation. I am waiting for some communication from the CIC to submit the passports in India.

Reading this thread I am a bit confused if you need confirmation from CIC before you can submit it at VFS office. I thought its required. I know few people have done the same. Can other share if they had a similar experience.

Thanks
Hi All,

There is no confusion here... Initially when we get letter for Passport request they would mention in letter that if we could not mention return mailing address in Canada then we can send mail to them asking them to arrange Visa stamping in office near your location i.e. in India. We would then get separate mail from Canada with instructions to submit passport in nearest VFS office.

It is required to submit confirmation letter from Canada along with passports to VFS office. Hope this clarifies. Thus it is not recommended to send passport thru VFS unless we get confirmation mail from canada.

PKT_Can

Aug 4, 2014
can we post the passports to VFS location or CHC Delhi? if so which address?
Or is it mandatory to go in person to VFS?

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
CA_CEC said:
Good news for all...
All the best!
Thank you. My situation is something similar.