+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STEPS AFTER COPR DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
I got my PR approved and finally have COPR. What are the next steps? My work permit expires on June 7, 2020. Can I still work in Canada if I don't get a chance to do landing because of COVID-19? Please help me out. Thank you!

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
If you are in canada and have applied through CEC, you can do a phone landing .... Check the guidelines on the website

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I got my PR approved and finally have COPR. What are the next steps? My work permit expires on June 7, 2020. Can I still work in Canada if I don't get a chance to do landing because of COVID-19? Please help me out. Thank you!
PR approval doesn't give any status or right to work. If you haven't actually landed as a PR by June 7th, you need to apply for a work permit extension prior to expiry in order to keep working.

Reactions: Maxiboy

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
@pavan23 , @canuck_in_uk , Thank you for replying. I'll probably apply for BOWP but here's another question. When I contacted IRCC few weeks ago, the agent said that because I have applied PR 4 months before my previous work permit expired, I'd have implied status after my current open work permit expires until I get my PR. I double checked this with the agent three times. Do you have any comments or concerns on this?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@pavan23 , @canuck_in_uk , Thank you for replying. I'll probably apply for BOWP but here's another question. When I contacted IRCC few weeks ago, the agent said that because I have applied PR 4 months before my previous work permit expired, I'd have implied status after my current open work permit expires until I get my PR. I double checked this with the agent three times. Do you have any comments or concerns on this?
Agent is an idiot. Applying for PR does not grant status in any way. If you don't land as a PR or apply extend your work permit by June 7th, you will be in Canada illegally as of June 8th.

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
Just so everyone know, my status changed to Permanent Resident without landing. I got a letter saying that I am officially a PR. IRCC said due to COVID, there is no landing needed. It’s a new alternative they came up with during the pandemic. Thanks.

Reactions: Maxiboy

mits26

Apr 29, 2020
Just so everyone know, my status changed to Permanent Resident without landing. I got a letter saying that I am officially a PR. IRCC said due to COVID, there is no landing needed. It’s a new alternative they came up with during the pandemic. Thanks.
This is something new!

Maxiboy

Jul 15, 2020
Hi , we are on the same situation,
Did you land already ? How long it will take , I’m a implied status now is there a problem on my situation? Pls guys tia

Maxiboy

Jul 15, 2020
Oh nice , congrats then ...
I really hope mine as well