+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after confirmation letter

sunny001

Nov 21, 2009
I sent application for my wife who was in India on Jan 5th and recieved a letter today from CPC Missisauga today that it has been approved. I have two queries:

1. What happens now?
2. My wife joined me on Jan 14th in USA..does she have to travel back to get passport stamped when the time comes or can we courier it from here? in other words do they ask for interview after they take the passport?

Thanks for any help

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
sunny001 said:
I sent application for my wife who was in India on Jan 5th and recieved a letter today from CPC Missisauga today that it has been approved. I have two queries:

1. What happens now?
2. My wife joined me on Jan 14th in USA..does she have to travel back to get passport stamped when the time comes or can we courier it from here? in other words do they ask for interview after they take the passport?

Thanks for any help
1. You application is sent to the local office (New Delhi?) for further processing.
2. You can courier it from the States if the instructions allow this. Usually you're completely done when the passport is requested.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

sunny001 said:

1. What happens now?

Thanks for any help
1. New Delhi processes the application when they receive from Mississauga.
2. You can't mail courier passports in/out of India. They could call her for an interview at any time, but usually before the passport request.

PMM

sunny001

Nov 21, 2009
Why can't I courier my wife's passport to India and have someone in India send it to NDelhi? I can also send it through a friend travelling to India

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sunny001 said:
Why can't I courier my wife's passport to India and have someone in India send it to NDelhi? I can also send it through a friend travelling to India
If you read your passport, you will note that it states that it is illegal to mail passports in/out of India. Send it with a friend, and have a friend bring it back.

PMM